Downgrading Tunein Radio app to previous version.

fretcruiser

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm kinda new to the droid world. I've done some google searches, and came up with conflicting reports.

Basically, the new tunein radio app is useless because it doesn't have the use built-in mp3 player option to save the battery life and also the stations buffer every few seconds. The previous version worked flawlessly and I could listen for hours without draining the battery.

I really need to get back to the old version.. I've read of people doing this, but I'm just not sure how. Any help would be appreciated.
dancedroid

badog

Reaction score
I used Titanium backup to revert back to 1.5 I saw somewhere that the 1.5 version was available on the interwebs somewhere but I don't know where.

Natey2

Reaction score
I really need to get back to the old version.. I've read of people doing this, but I'm just not sure how. Any help would be appreciated.
dancedroid

Each time you install or update an app, back it up in case you need to get back to that particular version.
You can use the app managers in Astro or ES file managers.
I use onthefly backup (free); does not require root.

New market updates of an app are not always better than the older version, as we have discovered.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TuneInRadio

Reaction score
Update your TuneIn version to 3.0 and if problem persist , connect with us and will help you in solving problems.

badog

Reaction score
Sorry, but 3.0 sucks just as bad as 2.0 The new UI is nice (I like it a lot better than 1.5) but the buffering sucks and all my channels that work flawlessly under 1.5 always buffer, play maybe 1 song, then says stream ended or something. I'm using a Droid 2.2.2 FRG83G on both wifi and 3g.

Last edited:

TuneInRadio

Reaction score
Thanks for the note, we are working hard to solve issues but it will be great if you can help us in reproducing and solving these issues.

Natey2

Reaction score
Update your TuneIn version to 3.0 and if problem persist , connect with us and will help you in solving problems.

I have TuneIn Radio Pro v2.5, and the Record functionality is great!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

badog

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to reproduce. Tune into 4U-Rock N Metal or HardRadio (to name a few) on a Droid running FRG83G with 3g or wifi and after a few minutes of play it does nothing but buffer over and over or it will say station ended or something like that.

Natey2

Reaction score
I just upgraded to TuneIn Radio Pro v3.0
This version has a "replay last 10 seconds" button. Exactly what I was looking for!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Tunein....no matter what version, is getting me closer to no need for a car stereo. I use my Bluetooth stereo headphones and I have all my music in an mp3. I have station apps that play talkshows and now an app that allows FM radio..... what's even greater is I'm not limited to just my city's 1 country station or rock station that only plays rock from 1997 (which is fine for a while...) I can get my college towns radio.

If pioneer made a deck sized amp that had no CD, am/FM....where I could just plug my Droid in, I'd be set

Sent from my DROIDX