Well I am going to downgrade 2.2 leak tonight....I'm having heart palpitation

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Assuming you mean SBF back to 2.1 then update to official 2.2, I would recommend after you sbf back to 2.1 and reboot. Go into settings and location and security and set screen lock to none then update 2.2. You won't have the forced screen lock issue on 2.2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are running a leaked version of 2.2 on your X DO NOT DOWNGRADE to SBF to get the official version or just do not downgrade. With the official version of 2.2 there is a new bootloader that is bricking people's phones. This is information that is coming from MDW.

MyDroidWorld - Droid X Owners: DO NOT SBF BACK TO 2.1 FOR ANY REASON AFTER OFFICIAL UPGRADE TO 2.2

This is after you install the official version you can still downgrade the leaked version with this sbf to go to stock 2.2

OP
S

SoxFan894

Reaction score
Yup after reading the thread it all points to OTA update than going back to 2.1....I'm going from 2.2 Leak back to 2.1 than to 2.2 official

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Happy upgrading, personally since the "official" version has the same two issues I am having with the leak and you can't sbf anymore (for now). I am sticking with 2.2 leak for now see what happens when the water resends.

OP
S

SoxFan894

Reaction score
Happy upgrading, personally since the "official" version has the same two issues I am having with the leak and you can't sbf anymore (for now). I am sticking with 2.2 leak for now see what happens when the water resends.

That is what I have been reading as well...I suppose I just need to have the final release of things...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I hear ya but def do that thing for the screen lock having to do that is annoying.

OP
S

SoxFan894

Reaction score
totally f'd up the first 2.1 flash...they forget to mention that the meter in RSDLite needs to get to 100% before you can pull the usb cord out even the phone starts to reboot...

on to my second time...nice thing about these google phones I will always have my contacts.:)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Make sure you catch the reboot too, when it starts hold down the cam and volume button to go right back into recovery to get a PASS on RSD.