Downgraded to unroot, but no OTA upgrade!

dale386

Reaction score
I downgraded from FroYo to unroot my Incredible and remove ClockWorkMOD about 24 hours ago. I still have not received the OTA upgrade back to FroYo. Any idea how long it will take to be pushed to my phone? Is there a way to force the update?

Thanks!

OP
D

dale386

Reaction score
I'd like to do this the "right way", as if I just purchased the phone and did not mess with it. Is there really no way to update to froyo without a hack?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only way would be to get the OTA. And that file is not a "hack". Its the offical RUU signed by HTC. I can get you the offical RUU tool but it is known to be finnicky and a PITA.

OP
D

dale386

Reaction score
So are you saying that I'll get the OTA eventually?

Also, I'm having trouble opening your zip file. Says that it's invalid. Do you have another link?

Thanks again.

Nehebkau

Reaction score
Hey I just f'ed up and did the same thing. I've tried to apply the 2.2 RUU but to no avail, it looks like its due to the fact that I don't have some of the 2.1 OTA's that were released between the phones launch and froYo.

I was just curious if you ever found a way to fix this, and what it was. If not, does anyone know where I can acquire the 2.1 OTA file(s) I forget if there were multiple updates or just one.

OP
D

dale386

Reaction score
i used doug piston's file and a video tutorial i found on another site. i'll dig up the link for anyone else who needs it.