Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by SamuriHL, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    "WE" aren't. :D The issue is if something stupid happened like they decided to push out one last GB update or some whacked nonsense like that, then those of us that went to 235+ would be screwed. Those with patience are sticking it out on 232 because it's the safest route right now. Those of us who really don't care or are simply needing to be on the *BLEEDING EDGE* have already gone to 242 and are loving it. I'm fairly confident that 242 is going to be OTA, but, *NO ONE* can guarantee that. Even the soak isn't a guarantee. But I suspect I'll be seeing a lot of 232 users knocking on the door to the House soon enough. ;)

2. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Lol not me ;) if ur as talented as me an samurihl we come up with our own scripts looks like u got competition xD

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
  4. sargentmajord

sargentmajord Silver Member

Ratings:
    +16
    U know its right :p king of fxzs here

5. Jack2007

Jack2007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    .235 support

I seen that you stopped the support for .235 but is there still any way to get it? I've bricked my .235 install and aside from using your program with the .235 support I don't know of any other way to fix .235. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

6. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +471
    I never know when to leave well enough alone. I am on 242. I did not root b/c of my company's email software (Good for Enterprise). The first time I tried to load the software, it saw that I was rooted and shut down. When I unrooted, the software ran like a champ. Two question with regard to this:

1. I think I can leave the GFE software shut down, root the phone and then temp unroot using Voodoo Root Keeper when I checked emails. Does that make sense?

2. If it does, would I fire up HoB and jump to the root step?

7. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Don't you already HAVE the 235 support for the HoB? I mean, I know people don't like my attitude when I respond to these things, but, seriously.....you're playing with a leak that you can't FXZ from and you don't have the support files to fix it already in place? That's insane. I hope you have the 235 update on your SDCARD-EXT cause I can't push it to a bricked phone. I completely took it down cause those that are on 235 should already have it and quite frankly anyone on 235+ should update to 242. Anyway, I'm reuploading it JUST FOR YOU but it's going to be a little while.

8. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Super SU has the same functionality to temp unroot. And yes, it makes sense. You can root from the HoB, yes.

9. Jack2007

Jack2007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me any thing anyone has to say to me is completely deserved, what I did was beyond stupid. I do have the .235 update on my External-SD. I did all the research to go to the .232 leak and when I finally decided to go to it I seen the .235 and on a stupid impulse I went to it. All was well until I decided to install a custom ROM that wouldn't boot. I really appreciate it, not just for re-adding the .235 support but for all you work on the Bionic.

#1965 Jack2007, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    Lecture done. :) Fixing time...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ws43oi4t6h8dbs0

o) Download and install that to add support for 235 to the HoB.
    o) Boot the phone into AP Fastboot mode (power off, hold volume down + power)
    o) Connect the phone to USB
    o) Start the HouseOfBionic.bat
    o) Select the REINSTALL 235 option
    o) Start with option 3 on the next menu...when it's done flashing, continue to option 4

That will fix 235. Once you do that, please use the HoB to update to 242 using the INSTALL 242 option. That should get you back up and running. Let me know if you have any issues.

11. Jack2007

Jack2007 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never had a doubt! Thank you very much. I have .235 back up and running and I will be updating to .242 as soon as I get off work and from then on out to whatever "The House Of Bionic" is supporting. I still wish I had only went to .232 but its too late for that :p Do you have a donate button anywhere I didn't see one? If not you need one you defiantly deserve it! Thanks again!

12. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +33
    You're welcome. No need to donate. I do this to help the community. Now that you're good I'm taking 235 down again as I'd like to clean up my hosting site a bit. You'll be happier on 242.

Search tags for this page
downgrade droid bionic
downgrade to 902
downgrade xt875
houseofbionic

house of bionic

house of bionic download
motorola droid bionic downgrade

samurai house of bionic

unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
xt875 downgrade