Downgrade to 902 - No app or data loss

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Brilliant! Went from .2233 to .230 and re-rooted with no issues. Thanks for all your work on this!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Original post updated with a new script. NOTE: The script *REQUIRES* adb.exe and moto-fastboot.exe now. It will fail if it doesn't find those. I have added some new functionality to the script. If you create an updates directory in your 902 FXZ directory, and put the *blur*.zip file updates in there (905 and ICS updates), it will push them to your phone for you. Otherwise it will remind you to do so manually. The other thing to note is that your phone needs to be in charge only mode or media device (MTP) mode when you start the script. I've added a lot of info to the OP so please re-read it. I really hope this is the last thing we have to do to this script and I hope everyone finds the new additions helpful. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And you put it in media device (MTP) mode, connected the USB cable, and enabled USB debugging?

bigred8380

Reaction score
It's on USB debugging but didn't check for MTP....can I back out and do this?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No need to back out. Just change it now.

bigred8380

Reaction score
I changed it and the computer said "installing hardware drivers", then "drivers did not install"??

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's not good. What drivers are you using? Kill the script until you get this sorted out....

bigred8380

Reaction score
do I need to select "view in file form" when I plug in the phone to the cp....

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what that means. I personally would kill the script, unplug the phone, plug it back in, and make sure it's in media device (MTP) mode. Once that's done, re-run the script.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It may be that ADB was blocking it. Try my previous post and see if that works. You may need to reboot both your phone and your PC.

bigred8380

Reaction score
same thing, waiting for device....

it's like the cp doesn't see the phone.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea then. I just tested it on my phone and it works fine. No waiting for device.