SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked for you guys. Enjoy!

powrful1

Reaction score
I just wanted to post my experience.

First time script had a bunch of failures and before it got to far I stopped it and restarted. I followed step-by-step with redownloads of everything. I did get a couple of failures with finding some files but decided to just push on when I got the 902 success.

Entered recovery and might have fat fingered something as the phone was trying to boot.

Quick battery pull and back into recovery, 2 flashes later and a cache wipe and boot up.

Got a fc on SetCPU because I hadn't finished the script, hit the root and final reboot. Lap dock is working and I am sporting 230 coming from 223.

Thanks for the hard work Sam. It took me about 1.5 hours due to redownload and breaks looking at the fireworks last night. I am rocking my setting and apps with no loss!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Updated the script again with a very minor change. I added some text at the beginning for some reminders and warnings. Nothing functionally has changed.

Customgeo

Reaction score
Script worked great for me as well, thanks for all the work. This will make it easy to jump to new leaks if there are any more before the OTA.

lkevinl

Reaction score
This should be the same method to get back on the update path when the actual OTA ZIP is available, correct? i.e. 230 leak -> use script to ->902 FXZ -> 905 Update ZIP -> next leak OR OTA ZIP.

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yup. That's exactly right. Without data loss.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Just to add my $,02 into the conversation on this, I tried the "original" script trying to go from .229 that was running AXIOMICS AKOP to .230. The script appeared to work great, I didn't get any errors in any of the moto-fastboot steps or when applying the .905 or .230 updates in recovery HOWEVER when I rebooted the phone after installing all the updates, the phone stayed in the red M screen with the bottom row of lights on. I let the phone sit for almost 20 minutes but it never recovered and since I wasn't sure where it was at, I just did a battery pull and followed the FXZ route from .902 to .230. Now I did have safestrap installed and running and thought that may have been the cause but when I was catching up on the posts before writing this, it looked like at least one other person had safestrap and was able to successfully run the script. I didn't uninstall SS, could this be why things went south for me? I think you and Mr. Twoshoes have done a great bit of work with this and it should make everything much easier so I'm thinking I just fell into the bad portion of YMMV! Thank you again for all the effort in helping to keep this phone alive.

Cheers

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have no experience at all with safestrap but we're flashing everything that's necessary back to stock 902 so it SHOULD be ok. Not sure why yours didn't boot properly. There's been a handful of really bizarre situations I can't explain or even begin to fix unfortunately. These things are more a dark art than an exact science. The safe route is always the full FXZ. When we take shortcuts like this invariably there will be some weirdness from time to time. Still, when it works, it's THE way to go IMO as it saves so much time and effort. That's why I say start with this method, if it doesn't work, do the full FXZ. I wish I could control RSD from the command line. I'd use that to do the flashing and then adb to reboot into recovery during the last step. That'd be the safest thing to do.

I'm also tempted to add checking for an updates folder in the 902 FXZ folder and look for zip files. If found, I can use adb to push them to your sdcard-ext. What are people's thoughts on that? Would that be a useful enhancement? So you drop the 905 and ICS update zips in an updates folder and the script makes sure they're pushed to the sdcard-ext?

matjmonk

Reaction score
I'm also tempted to add checking for an updates folder in the 902 FXZ folder and look for zip files. If found, I can use adb to push them to your sdcard-ext. What are people's thoughts on that? Would that be a useful enhancement? So you drop the 905 and ICS update zips in an updates folder and the script makes sure they're pushed to the sdcard-ext?

Well, that would have saved me the first time I tried this to go to .229 from .233, I had forgotten to put the .905 update on the SD card so I ended up starting all over again. You can count that as a yes vote! I'm not sure what happened when I tried this the other day, as you say programming is a dark art (I too have done this for many years)!

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'll look into it tonight. I think the way I'll write it is if it finds the updates dir and it has updates in there, we'll ensure they're on the sdcard-ext for you. If I don't find the updates dir, you'll get the new warning I added this morning about "hey, make sure you put those on there before you do this!". ADB is going to be required soon rather than optional I think. :)

shawnn125

Reaction score
I got to 230 and everything looks fine, but TiBu was not starting so I uninstalled and not when i try to install from Play - I get insuficent storage. any ideas?

OP
SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Insufficient storage???? UGH. No idea on that one at all. I've definitely not seen that or have any idea what'd cause it. I assume there's enough free space?

shawnn125

Reaction score
Insufficient storage???? UGH. No idea on that one at all. I've definitely not seen that or have any idea what'd cause it. I assume there's enough free space?

I went an installed some other app and it was fine. might try few reboots and cache wipes.