Downgrade Market in SS 5.5?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by undeliverable, Sep 15, 2011.

1. undeliverable

undeliverable New Member

Sooo.... I love SS 5.5, but I hate the new Market so badly I am thinking about flashing a different ROM. The new Market is slow, buggy and I don't care about 99% of crap that it is trying to shovel at me. In fact it reminds me of AOL.

Anywhoo. I have tried uninstalling the new market and restoring an old Market backup via Titanium backup, but the results are not encouraging. The restored Market FCs all the time even after a data wipe. Has anyone gotten this to wok?
  2. bobby12587

bobby12587 New Member

Always open Rom zip before installing and remove the crap you do not want. I've never had an issue, even ring tones you don't want can be removed.
    1 person likes this.
  3. undeliverable

undeliverable New Member

That worked!

That worked! Don't know why I didn't think of it. I removed the 3.0 Market from the 5.5 zip and replaced it with the Market from the 5.4 SS zip. Thanks!
  4. tvBilly

tvBilly New Member

How do you subsequently keep the Market from updating itself back to 3.0? I hate the new Market too, but when I replaced the ROM's Market, it would autoupdate to 3.0 every few days. Unlike standard apps downloaded from the Market, there is no way to uncheck the autoupdate function on Market itself (at least that I could find). I finally got sick of deleting the update all the time...
  5. EAK

EAK New Member

you can rename the marketupdater.apk with root explorer cause it's a system app or you can use titanium backup to freeze that app.
  6. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Chevy's roms already come with market updater disabled, not sure why yours updated unless you were coming from another rom and noticed this problem before.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums