Downgrade back to ICE..??

blackterry

Reaction score
Given that JB has no speed dial and has double the bloat ware I feel this is necessary. Can it be done..?? JB has no advantage over ICE from what I have seen. Want to turn back the hands of time.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Works for all Verizon RAZR HD's and Maxx HD's, stock, rooted or ROM'd.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

pksopp

Reaction score
Works for all Verizon RAZR HD's and Maxx HD's, stock, rooted or ROM'd.

Hey, sorry for being dense, but can you explain how this works without voiding the warranty? I don't have a dev edition and I thought you needed an unlocked bootloader to do any of the fastboot stuff? I'm also only interested in step 1. Don't care about rooting at this time, GoLauncher and Widgetsoid are keeping me happy with customizations for the most part. It's not clear if the utility is an all or nothing process.

Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
RSD lite and the utility arent fastboot in the traditional sense. It works even without an unlocked phone. To use it you put your phone in fastboot mode but its not the same as a developer edition simply issueing fastboot commands. Simply reverting back to ICS from JB will not void your warranty because you aren't rooting or tampering with any system files.

Last edited:

pksopp

Reaction score
RSD lite and the utility arent fastboot in the traditional sense. It works even without an unlocked phone. To use it you put your phone in fastboot mode but its not the same as a developer edition simply issueing fastboot commands. Simply reverting back to ICS from JB will not void your warranty because you aren't rooting or tampering with any system files.

Thank you for that.

Anything I need to do in prep before the JB update? Again, stock today.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Thank you for that.

Anything I need to do in prep before the JB update? Again, stock today.

Nothing comes to mind unless you have a specific question... some people say doing a factory reset after taking the OTA makes it a bit smoother but I only wiped cache and my phone is running fine.

pksopp

Reaction score
Nothing comes to mind unless you have a specific question... some people say doing a factory reset after taking the OTA makes it a bit smoother but I only wiped cache and my phone is running fine.

Nope I just meant about the utility. At this point I should really start considering that I might like the update :)
I'll follow your lead and do the cache wipe first. Thanks again!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Haha is it starting to grow on you?

bohemouth

Reaction score
I still have speed dial, i just don't have instagram, and that in it of it's self may get me back to ICS, but i have found after a couple of days, my phone is like butta! however the battery drain does kinda suck....hahaha, get it, suck the battery out of it...:D and i am realizinhg the google now, which is a big battery sucker, I find it a novelty. I've turned it all off.

If later on JB gets any worse, i will go back to ICS...Thanks for info Cliff.