1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Doused my rooted droid in Barqs Rootbeer

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by Froyo, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Froyo

Froyo New Member

A few days ago I spilled soda on my rooted Moto droid and completely drenched it. Needless to say, the liquid indicator on the back turned red, and the phone, while still able to turn on and function to some extent, is screwed.

Here are the two problems: 1. Though I can boot the phone up, and even boot into clockwork recovery, I cannot boot into the bootloader so that I can reflash the stock recovery image with RSDLite. Also the touch screen freezes, half the physical keys don't work, the camera flash blinks randomly, and once the screen shuts off it will not go back on. Sure, I'm able to download a stock image from ROM Manager to unroot if I do it right when I boot up, but that doesn't do much good if Verizon still sees a custom recovery on the phone.

Is there a way to reflash completely back to stock, along with stock recovery image without pushing it to the phone with RSDLite, or using a computer at all, since I cannot get into the bootloader no matter what?

Appreciate you all taking the time to read. Thanks.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. want a droid

want a droid New Member

In regards to the second part of your post, that is fraud and not allowed to be discussed on DF.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

No insurance, no replacement. Insurance will cover water damage. Fraud isn't well tolerated on the forums so you may want to edit your post.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1.25Ghz
  4. jkloeckner

jkloeckner New Member

If you are able to go into clockwork, I think I remember seeing a update.zip that resets everything, unroots, and removes recovery. I have never tried it, but its worth a shot. I can't remember where I found it. Google it :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
barqs rootbeer moto
i dropped soda on my samsung galaxy s4
pop spille don my phone
pop spilled on samsung s3
soda spilled on touch screen phone
spilled pop on cell phone

spilled pop on my android

spilled soda on galaxy

spilled soda on phone black screen
spilled soda on phone galaxy 3