Doubletwist a disaster

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Derekweb, May 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Derekweb

Derekweb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Doubletwist took hours to scan my iTunes library. Now it crashes whenever it attempts start up. What a waste of time and effort.
  2. timo1456

timo1456 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hhmm ill have to look out for that.. just downloaded it
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Well, I'll bet you did it on a PC, not a Mac. It didn't take anytime at all for double twist to scan my library, but unfortunately I have come to discover that Double Twist doesn't necessarily get it right.

I have one particular album where it only recognized about 13 of the 18 tracks, I noticed that for some reason it didn't put a cover on the unrecognized tracks. It saw them but just didn't know they were in the same album.

I deleted the partial album out of my phone, manually and then went into my music folder and dragged the entire album out of that folder. I noticed the tracks were out of order and didn't know how I was going to fix that but Droid put everything where it should be.

So I'm not using Double Twist or recommending it any longer. Just drag and drop, it works fine.

Double Twist does do pictures well. But you can drag and drop those too.
  4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +88
    DT doesn't do protected songs, right? Perhaps if you got the album from iTunes some of the songs were protected. I know when I tried to port over my iTunes library only about 1/5th of my songs made it because all the rest were protected.
  5. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    what is DT?
  6. hookbill

Ratings:
    +6
    True and I know you're probably speaking to the OP but FWIW my songs that didn't get ported over on that one album were not protected sons.

I think from what I read that Motorola Media Link is probably best to use with a PC. OP may want to give that a try.
  7. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +88

Double Twist.
  8. hookbill

Ratings:
    +6
    Double Twist is a music and photo transfer programs. It works with iTunes and wherever you photos are at and transfers them over. You simply hook your Droid up to the USB and it does it for you without having to drag and drop. It works OK but not as good as I first thought it did.
  9. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +88
    That's odd then. I dunno I only used it once and when i discovered the protection on the iSuck songs I gave up and deleted everything. There are programs that remove the protection but it would take forever to do a whole play-list. I'll just stick to Pandroa personally.
  10. searayman

searayman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you want another way that is better to sync music check the link in my signature
  11. darimini

darimini New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed

The program is truly useless. It doesn't crash on my machine, but I didn't get a chance to use it that much because it started sucking before I got that far.

1. Each album is incapable of showing up as ONE album. Instead, you can only view music by track.
    2. You must create a playlist in order to play an album in order.
    3. Most tracks that have a good link to cover art (they look fine in every other program) don't get linked up in doubleTwist.
    4. I didn't even bother loading my playlists into it, but it seems most people have problems with this.

It CLAIMS to build on iTunes and allow you to sync stuff in the same manner, but man, does it have a long way to go before it's anything but useless!

What do other people do?
  12. meaker

meaker Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have yet to find the best way to sync my itunes with my droid. I use dt and motorola media right now.
  13. searayman

searayman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try out song bird, it works really well
  14. bikedogrun

bikedogrun New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nlike Songbird, you can just continue using iTunes (which I do like on my MAC). Salling recognizes iTunes playlists (and Podcasts) so you just choose which playlists in iTunes and all of those songs and/or podcasts are sync'ed directly to your Droid. It will also do iPhoto pics as well. Downside is it is "NOT" free. The Mac version costs $19.95 when I bought it a few months back but it is very clean and works flawlessly for me dancedroid

/BD :reddroid:
  15. GEO3

GEO3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have trialled an app from Mark/Space called "Missing Sync", which has the great advantage of not requiring a cable to work; it uses Bluetooth or Airport, and is Mac-compatible. There is a Windows version. Missing Sync is free for a while, but must be bought. Price is not cheap, so if anyone is looking for freeware, look elsewhere. It is very good, and does not duplicate files, which DoubleTwist does. Despite workarounds, the DoubleTwist dupe problem will recurr eventually, so while I have used it in the past, I have decided to pay for Missing Sync and be done with it. Missing Sync has also recognized that Apple has removed the DRM protection from music files I have upgraded thru Apple, and will let them mount, which DoubleTwist does NOT.
Search tags for this page
double twist keeps crashing
double twist synch failed android
doubletwist album order

doubletwist crashes

doubletwist duplicate songs media album
doubletwist keeps closing

doubletwist keeps crashing

doubletwist mac keeps crashing
doubletwist on mac keeps crashing
how to remove doubletwist completely