Doubletwist a disaster

Derekweb

Reaction score
Doubletwist took hours to scan my iTunes library. Now it crashes whenever it attempts start up. What a waste of time and effort.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doubletwist took hours to scan my iTunes library. Now it crashes whenever it attempts start up. What a waste of time and effort.

Well, I'll bet you did it on a PC, not a Mac. It didn't take anytime at all for double twist to scan my library, but unfortunately I have come to discover that Double Twist doesn't necessarily get it right.

I have one particular album where it only recognized about 13 of the 18 tracks, I noticed that for some reason it didn't put a cover on the unrecognized tracks. It saw them but just didn't know they were in the same album.

I deleted the partial album out of my phone, manually and then went into my music folder and dragged the entire album out of that folder. I noticed the tracks were out of order and didn't know how I was going to fix that but Droid put everything where it should be.

So I'm not using Double Twist or recommending it any longer. Just drag and drop, it works fine.

Double Twist does do pictures well. But you can drag and drop those too.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
DT doesn't do protected songs, right? Perhaps if you got the album from iTunes some of the songs were protected. I know when I tried to port over my iTunes library only about 1/5th of my songs made it because all the rest were protected.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DT doesn't do protected songs, right? Perhaps if you got the album from iTunes some of the songs were protected. I know when I tried to port over my iTunes library only about 1/5th of my songs made it because all the rest were protected.

True and I know you're probably speaking to the OP but FWIW my songs that didn't get ported over on that one album were not protected sons.

I think from what I read that Motorola Media Link is probably best to use with a PC. OP may want to give that a try.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what is DT?

Double Twist is a music and photo transfer programs. It works with iTunes and wherever you photos are at and transfers them over. You simply hook your Droid up to the USB and it does it for you without having to drag and drop. It works OK but not as good as I first thought it did.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

True and I know you're probably speaking to the OP but FWIW my songs that didn't get ported over on that one album were not protected sons.

I think from what I read that Motorola Media Link is probably best to use with a PC. OP may want to give that a try.

That's odd then. I dunno I only used it once and when i discovered the protection on the iSuck songs I gave up and deleted everything. There are programs that remove the protection but it would take forever to do a whole play-list. I'll just stick to Pandroa personally.

searayman

Reaction score
if you want another way that is better to sync music check the link in my signature

darimini

Reaction score
Agreed

The program is truly useless. It doesn't crash on my machine, but I didn't get a chance to use it that much because it started sucking before I got that far.

1. Each album is incapable of showing up as ONE album. Instead, you can only view music by track.
2. You must create a playlist in order to play an album in order.
3. Most tracks that have a good link to cover art (they look fine in every other program) don't get linked up in doubleTwist.
4. I didn't even bother loading my playlists into it, but it seems most people have problems with this.

It CLAIMS to build on iTunes and allow you to sync stuff in the same manner, but man, does it have a long way to go before it's anything but useless!

What do other people do?

meaker

Reaction score
I have yet to find the best way to sync my itunes with my droid. I use dt and motorola media right now.

bikedogrun

Reaction score
if you want another way that is better to sync music check the link in my signature
nlike Songbird, you can just continue using iTunes (which I do like on my MAC). Salling recognizes iTunes playlists (and Podcasts) so you just choose which playlists in iTunes and all of those songs and/or podcasts are sync'ed directly to your Droid. It will also do iPhoto pics as well. Downside is it is "NOT" free. The Mac version costs $19.95 when I bought it a few months back but it is very clean and works flawlessly for me dancedroid

/BD :reddroid:

GEO3

Reaction score
I have trialled an app from Mark/Space called "Missing Sync", which has the great advantage of not requiring a cable to work; it uses Bluetooth or Airport, and is Mac-compatible. There is a Windows version. Missing Sync is free for a while, but must be bought. Price is not cheap, so if anyone is looking for freeware, look elsewhere. It is very good, and does not duplicate files, which DoubleTwist does. Despite workarounds, the DoubleTwist dupe problem will recurr eventually, so while I have used it in the past, I have decided to pay for Missing Sync and be done with it. Missing Sync has also recognized that Apple has removed the DRM protection from music files I have upgraded thru Apple, and will let them mount, which DoubleTwist does NOT.