Double Twist Users

ucpro

Reaction score
can anybody just drag the folders, instead of having to go into the folder and dragging all the music files??

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
can anybody just drag the folders, instead of having to go into the folder and dragging all the music files??

Yes, you can drag an entire folder to your card. The nice part about doubletwist is that you can simply choose a playlist to sync. That way you can import just stuff you would listen to on the go, even tho your library likely has a lot more.

ucpro

Reaction score
i don't really make playlists, i like to always have access to whatever music is in my collection. i want to figure out how to drag the whole folder into doubletwist because it never lets me

Blackhawk

Reaction score
DoubleTwist still doesn't work

I downloaded the newest version of DoubleTwist (2.6.0.2604 (beta)) and it crashed within about 4 minutes of me trying to drag and drop a video from my iTunes collection on to my Droid.

I made backup of everything on my sdcard before trying to move the file since another user said that the 2.6 version of DT corrupted hi sdcard. I was able to get one .wmv file moved over to the Droid and play it before DoubleTwist crashed.

Just thought I'd update my experiences with DT.

Intimidatoruag

Reaction score
Today, 12/16/09 when I fired up DoubleTwist I was asked to allow an upgrade. I did and now have 2.6.0.2604. Fairly soon after I started to sync a playlist I got a disk write error and my Droid locked up tight. Had to do a battery remove and reboot and then sadly I got a message my SD card was corrupt. After formatting and saying goodbye to all my music and pictures I stupidly tried again. I think I got one playlist transferred before it locked up again. It was nice when it worked and I could use my playlist for iTunes, but not so much now. I sent them an email and will await a reply. Russ

same problem I had ... was messing with it for two days ... finally got my music on the Droid then it died at the playlists .... tried it a 2nd time it then it fried my sd card ... had to get a new one (lucky for me my phone was only 8 days old)... restarted the sync and 1/2 way thru it fried my laptop with the dreaded blue screen of death .... thanks! Double Twist! ....

darkgreen

Reaction score
Doubletwist has proved worthless for me. Won't recognize the droid at all (and yes, I do know how to mount the USB and have tested it in every way). I've never seen DoubleTwist recognize ANY device.

Win 7, 64-bit, Droid

After reading here maybe I'll try the motorola media link. I had been really looking forward to DT converting my m4a files so I could listen to my iTunes music. I feel pretty silly having paid Apple a bunch of extra money to upgrade my library to non-DRM. In theory it may be non-DRM but it's in a format that isn't really useful for most players other than iPods.

darkgreen

Reaction score
Doubletwist has proved worthless for me. Won't recognize the droid at all (and yes, I do know how to mount the USB and have tested it in every way). I've never seen DoubleTwist recognize ANY device.

Win 7, 64-bit, Droid

After reading here maybe I'll try the motorola media link. I had been really looking forward to DT converting my m4a files so I could listen to my iTunes music. I feel pretty silly having paid Apple a bunch of extra money to upgrade my library to non-DRM. In theory it may be non-DRM but it's in a format that isn't really useful for most players other than iPods.

Holy moly, what a difference the Motorola media link makes!

The interface could indeed use some work, read the post about ten up from here that says how to do it otherwise you'll wind up dumping your ringer sounds into your music files :icon_eek:

However, two minutes after install I was synching iTunes playlists to my Droid and as soon as I unmounted it from USB and went to Meridian player there was my playlist, ready to go!

As a bonus it even copied my photos from the Droid to my photos directory so I'll have copies of my kids pictures backed up off the phone now :)

Off to uninstall Doubletwist!

UPDATE: The motorola media link even converted and moved over podcast playlists very well, happy day!

(Note for those who haven't discovered it yet - set up a smart playlist in iTunes to group or collect the podcasts you want together, then use media link to synch those playlists.)

Last edited:

phreakaj

Reaction score
does motorola media link convert everything to play on the droid? or do you have to convert first? I have been using double twist and love the way that out converts the videos to droid playable format.

darkgreen

Reaction score
does motorola media link convert everything to play on the droid? or do you have to convert first? I have been using double twist and love the way that out converts the videos to droid playable format.

I've only done music so far but it looks like all the m4a files are now mp3s on my droid so it is doing some intelligent conversion.

Rett

Reaction score
Am I correct that Motorola Media Link only works with PC's...Not macs?

bleys121

Reaction score
Best Media Sync Prog

At first I used Salling Media Sync for syncing playlists from itunes but the free version doesn't work well when you want to add new music frequently. I have 200 GBs of music on my comp, so Doubletwist took almost a day to find it all, so that prog ending up being a failure/waste of time (may be better for those people with less music library though). I then tried Motorola Media Link and that was slow, as well, and froze on me constantly because of the size of my library. The best solution I found for large libraries was songbird with the playlist export add-on installed. Only thing is that you need to press export playlists when you want to update them, but everything else is automatic on SB. There should be a fix for that sometime. Songbird was the most practical, fastest, and easiest way to sync only what I wanted to the droid. So IMO it's Songbird FTW.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Tried songbird on my 64 bit Vaio with no joy. Said it didn't support my OS. Night try it on my 32 bit XPS later.

Hunty5652

Reaction score
[video=youtube;G1II-6v9IXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1II-6v9IXo]YouTube - how to sync your android phone with all your music.[/video]
its great