Double Text Messages

FFandCS

Reaction score
So I have spent the last day and a half searching and searching for a solution. Some say it is the provider, some say to turn off some options in the setting. So far nothing has worked

Here is the low down

I loaded an unread count widget and I started to receive double text messages, both messages are in the same folder. I uninstalled the widget, checked all the setting and still cant seem to get it to stop. I re-flashed the ROM and also did a battery pull. I am running the new ApeX on a Droid X. In the App settings I have the following: Messages 2.2.1, Messaging 2.2, Messaging 2.2.1 and Text Messaging 2.2.1

Any help would be highly appropriated

KHeeney5

Reaction score
So I have spent the last day and a half searching and searching for a solution. Some say it is the provider, some say to turn off some options in the setting. So far nothing has worked

Here is the low down

I loaded an unread count widget and I started to receive double text messages, both messages are in the same folder. I uninstalled the widget, checked all the setting and still cant seem to get it to stop. I re-flashed the ROM and also did a battery pull. I am running the new ApeX on a Droid X. In the App settings I have the following: Messages 2.2.1, Messaging 2.2, Messaging 2.2.1 and Text Messaging 2.2.1

Any help would be highly appropriated

Go to the terminal emulator app and...

start by typing: su

*then it will bring up a new line* -- Chosse ONEof the following and type it (case sensitive)

messaging -aosp ***This is for stock android messaging*
messaging -mot ***This is for motorola messaging*

And that's it. Should fix it.

OP
FFandCS

FFandCS

Reaction score
KHeeney5~ worked like a charm......thanks for all the help.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
1.) Make sure you ask for super user permissions before you do anything

the first line (disregard quotes): "su"
*it will automatically kick you to the next line, give it a second*
on the next (disregard quotes): "messaging"
*after pressing enter it should ask you [-aosp] [-mot]
choose the one you want, either typing "messaging -aosp" or "messaging -mot"

If this doesn't work, did you delete the ApeX folder on your SD card? It should recognize it, this is the only reason I would think it wouldn't.