1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Double of all my Contacts

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Schmitty7, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Schmitty7

Schmitty7 New Member

I have 2 of each of my contacts. Is there anyway to get rid of one and keep all the rest?
  2. msheldon

msheldon New Member

The only way I found was to sign into gmail via a web browser and delete the dupes from there.
  3. Schmitty7

Schmitty7 New Member

How then do I re sync those contacts back onto my phone to get rid of the dupes?
  4. Schmitty7

Schmitty7 New Member

Nevermind I figured that out, but I messed up at imported my contacts from my SD card again and that tripled the contacts until I did what was said above. Does anyone know how to get rid of that problem? Or how to just delete all the contacts and start over?
  5. tomlist704

tomlist704 New Member

I have the same problem and to make matters worse I use Touchdown which is great, but it stores it own contacts and I have what seems to be to separate databases. When my Droid was replaced the verizon guy quadrupled my database and I have 2240 contacts. I thought I would chime in to see what response you get.
  6. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

If you have the backup on your phone of when your numbers were originally ported in, you can just delete all of your contacts and re-import the original set of numbers.

*I'm not held responsible though if you delete all your contacts and can't get them back*

This is what I did though:
    I wasn't happy with my contacts, so I downloaded an app called: ExportContacts. (The phone itself can't handle exporting to gmail format)

I then exported the contacts to the gmail format, logged into my gmail, imported the contacts from that file, the manually deleted/edited the ones I wanted changed.

It will automatically update your contacts as you're working on them IF you have syncing enabled. If you don't have syncing enabled to run in the background, you will have to turn syncing on long enough for your contacts to re-sync.

By exporting the file, you have at the very least another backup of your contacts. The app mentioned above was free when I downloaded, so the only thing this should cost you is a little time.

Good luck
Search tags for this page
all my android contacts are doubled
all my contacts doubled android
all of why are my contacts doubled
how do i get rid of double phone numbers in my contacts on m
i have double contacts on my phone how to get rid of them
my phone has two of each contact
my smartphone contacts doubled why?
somehow on my droid i have a double of the phone contact app

why are all my contacts doubled

why are my contacts doubled