Double messages, when getting a text

Reaction score
Help I downloaded the Handcent and now when I get a text I get a double notification sound wise and Icon wise. I want to use the Handcent one so how can I "turn off" the regular messaging one?
Thanks

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go into the stock messaging apps settings menu, and turn off all the notification options at the bottom

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help I downloaded the Handcent and now when I get a text I get a double notification sound wise and Icon wise. I want to use the Handcent one so how can I "turn off" the regular messaging one?
Thanks
Go to your stock messaging program and turn off notifications, then you will only get the Handcent notification.

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
Thank you this is my 4th droid due to other issues and I have forgotten what I have done where!! Thanks a million :):heart:

gnmitchell

Reaction score
go into the standard messaging app then select settings and uncheck delivery reports as well as notifications.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait until your droid starts double posting every time you write a reply in the forums, THAT is when it gets annoying.. ;)

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
Sorry Everyone I do go and scan through a few days to see if it has been mentioned and I search but there are so many people here and discussing a great amount of Awesome information I didn't find it!!
:(
Apologies for annoying anyone!

M

Matth3w

OMG!!! I had no idea there were THAT many....:icon_eek:
That was only one search term. I'm going to compile a master list here shortly just because I'm bored.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I've read most of those threads, but I still get 2 notifications when I get texts: one from handcent & one from Droid saying SMS Message received. Checking Handcent clears them both, but it's still annoying.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, ever since I switched back to BB from Sholes....I've got this notification that doesn't go away no matter which messaging app I go into and check....

It doesn't go away until I pull the notification shade down and hit clear...never seen it since November until the past week or 2

Starting to get annoying... :(

OP
spiralskygilligan
Reaction score
Tegamal
I just did as they said and it worked no more from the Motorola just Handcent. and yes Natediddy 4th, there were major software issues with 2 of them and then part issues with 1 of them with in the 30 days of buying it and then I just got this one because of the keyboard was kinda warping to the far left side and they wont work on them anymore if the phone is under the warranty... so I had to put everything back on the phone... this time I will... I WILL write down the applications I have on the phone!!!!