Dot connect on droid 4

ELScardio

Reaction score
Sometimes when I go to unlock my droid 4 using the dot connection method it doesnt work. Like I would go diagonally from one corner to the next and it would always stop and say it was wrong. Like i was picking up my finger which im not. Its very annoying having to log into my gmail just to get into my phone. I really like the dot connect but its just acting up for me. Is it because of my screen protector? I have one on. .

MistaMean

Reaction score
Well, just in case you didn't know, the Motorola Droids including the D4 screen is Gorilla glass which is very durable. I had the OG Droid (naked) for two years and after numerous drops on concrete and hard floors it doesn't have any noticeable scratches. I do plan on buying a case for this phone because it is not built as strong as the OG Droid 1 which has a metal back, the D4's back is just hard plastic. So, in my opinion your screen protector is whats preventing you from accurately inputting your unlock pattern.

Sohcahtoa

Reaction score
To echo what MistaMean said, I don't really see why everyone feels the need to rush out and get a screen protector. I had my OG for two years, and regularly had it in the same coat pocket as my keys, dropped it onto concrete/pavement plenty of times, and the screen has only a couple TINY scratches that you can't even see if you're looking for them if the screen is on. The edge of the front is certainly dinged up, but its purely cosmetic.

The Droid 4 is already a massive phone as it is. I never bought a case for my OG and I don't think I'll be buying one for my D4. Its just too big already to add the bulk of a case.

OP
E

ELScardio

Reaction score
Oh ok good. I thought something else was going on. So you guys never had a problem with the dot connection.?

B-Unit

Reaction score
Ive noticed some lag on mine, but traced it to my overclocking experiments.:icon_ lala:dancedroid

sangelopez

Reaction score
Its not the screen protector it happens to mine too and i havnt dropped it havnt spilled anything on it at all but yeah its not the screen protector.

mccompunerd

Reaction score
Mine has done that to me a few times as well. My droid is naked with no screen protector, but I have noticed that every time it's happened it's been plugged up to charge.

TJConnery

Reaction score
I have noticed on the D4 that the screen unlock pattern seems to fail when the phone is lying flat on its back. Always works better with phone in hand.

I don't think it has as much to do with the screen protector.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
E

ELScardio

Reaction score
Yea. Now mine just does it when im charging via computer (or laptop in my case) sucks a phone this good has a glitch like that. .

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums