Do's and Don'ts Motorola Milestone/Droid

corn-cheese

Reaction score
Hi. I only recently got my milestone/droid and I just wanted some basic guidelines.:happy: Anything like overcharging or accidentally blocking a vital part or ways to make your droid last longer. Things that people look over which have nasty side effects. New user and I would like to keep my droid in good shape. Any contribution is appreciated.^^dancedroid

Droids

Reaction score
Sit back in the chair, setup your email. instant messenger, chat client, browse the market, look at this forum for cool apps, and enjoy this new experience.

The Droid/Milestone is pretty much indestructible, you will do no harm in playing with it. Try to use the charger it came with, be a bit leery of aftermarket chargers, they usually provide not enough current. Not much chance of over-charging it. Leave it plugged in as long as you like.

Welcome to Droid Forums, we're Droid fanatics. Any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
OP
C

corn-cheese

Reaction score
Thank you^^
Really a phone without compromise? Is there a way you can keep certain apps from accessing your internet connection?:confused:

HarshReality

Reaction score
All the apps you install let you know beforehand what systems they have or need access to. But as the Droid is most commonly known for multitasking I'd get advanced task management to run to keep the background clean.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

corn-cheese

Reaction score
*Can I still post in here or should I start a new thread?

Lately I've had to reboot my droid everytime I plug it into the computer to access the storage card. Is this normal? When I plugged it in the first time, I didn't have to restart it; it would just link properly. Now, if I plug the USB in while the device is still on, nothing happens. The light comes on though. But no connecting usb or charging icons showing up. Does this make any sense? @-@

olbab

Reaction score
You should start a new thread, else only a few who are following your first thread will know about your new question.
Give the new thread a very specific subject, like "USB causes reboot, help!"

Ol' Bab

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Hi. I only recently got my milestone/droid and I just wanted some basic guidelines.:happy: Anything like overcharging or accidentally blocking a vital part or ways to make your droid last longer. Things that people look over which have nasty side effects. New user and I would like to keep my droid in good shape. Any contribution is appreciated.^^dancedroid

I'm not sure if everyone knows this but whether you have a regular cell phone, a PDA, or a smartphone of any kind, you do not want to leave it in a car charger for extended periods of time. This is because most car charges do not stop charging after the battery has reached 100%, and will continue to overcharge and lessen the overall battery life. The battery gets hot and the phone gets extra hot because your phone heats up more than usual when it's charging, so charging it in the car and using it is not great for your phone.

The following are all personal preferences and you don't have to follow them, I think it's a simple guideline though. I keep my phone on a car charger for short periods of time. I never let the phone charge to 100%, I will try to take it off before I think it has gotten to 100%. I prefer not to put the phone on a car charger just to "top it off" if my battery is at 80% or more, although there is no reason you can't, I keep myself from doing it so that I do not forget about the phone and risk damaging the internals. If I have a free hand and I can see that my Droid (or electronic) is getting too hot (using a battery and/or processor temperature monitor applications :icon_ banana:) I will place the phone to the vent of an air conditioner with the back facing the phone to cool it off quickly.