Don't what to do now...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MikeyMike, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MikeyMike

MikeyMike New Member

Good day all,

I was, and would be happy, with my Bugless Beast 1.1 before the 2.1 release from verizon and have been living life great until I wanted to go to the froyo mod. well not thinking things through, and 3am, I thought the best way was to get back to stock and get the OTA 2.1 and go from there. The beginning of my depression starts.

So I do the unroot techniques and get a clean droid but still not stock and still no OTA notification. I even pressed the update button in settings but nothing happened. Only download and says reboot need to complete that doesn't do anything. I notice that it still has the mod info in about phone.
    Firmware version - 2.0.1
    Kernel version - 2.6.29-omap1-g04df51f-dirty steve-droidbuild #32
    Build number - Bugless Beast 1.1

I don't know if this is a simple correction or a very complex clean up but I can really use help on this. I don't know what other info to give that could help this problem. I would like to go to the Bugless Beast Froyo.

I have been beating myself already so a little compassion please.
  2. compywiz

compywiz New Member

If you're still rooted, you could just use Rom Manager to download BB.4, backup and wipe data and cache in the process.
  3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

You've lost me, you tried to unroot your phone so you could update to bb.4?

And you did this to dl the vzw update then install 2.2?

If so none of that makes sense.

The part I do understand is you wanting to instal .4, do you use rom manager or recovery? If recovery then just dl .4 rename update.zip and place on the root of your sd card.

I would elucidate further but this topic has been beat to death and instructionals are literally everywhere.
  4. Slashdpc

Slashdpc New Member

This is what I would do too.
  5. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

It looks like something didn't take. You can either use RSD Lite to reflash the sbf file for stock 2.01 again or as suggested just do a wipe of data and cache and apply the rom you want.

When you boot into recovery do you have the stock recovery, Clockwork, or SPRecovery?
  6. MikeyMike

MikeyMike New Member

Holy ape <explicitive> Sorry all for this post. I never realized how easy it was to just get bb.4 and update. typical for me always thinking things are much more complex than they really are. Thanks for all your input in this but now I have the phone running again and looks great. Pete is the greatest.

Thanks again to all
  7. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Glad it worked out, and welcome to the forum.