dont want this update....

OP
endurance

endurance

Reaction score
it dindt break the phone. it solved the issue, im not joking.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
ya, this update messed up a few things on my phone. I have the gallary icon for photographs yet when I try to enter it says I don't have the application installed.

It did the same for me, but only on GDE. I moved the app icon into the trash and put it back up. Worked fine, then.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
endurance perhaps if you settle down we can help you. Now read the thread below and you will get all the FB info back...

Hopefully it will stick but give it a shot

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ns/7629-2-0-1-update-up-facebook-phone-s.html
thats just a thread with everyone with same problem as me.... no solution?
the solution in the thread was to pull the battery (which you just did)

I now see that throwing it against the wall along with a battery pull is the "fix" : )

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I did the manual update and haven't seen any of these issues.

Maybe reinstalling the update manually will help your situation.

bots

Reaction score
If you have a shortcut on your desktop for the gallery, it wont work after updating. delete it and make a new shortcut from the app menu. The gallery got an update, so any shortcuts to the old app are broken. hth

Jzaga053

Reaction score
ya, this update messed up a few things on my phone. I have the gallary icon for photographs yet when I try to enter it says I don't have the application installed. Also the Photos I downloaded from a previous phone are now gone.....

same thing happened. it simply moved it.

remove the shortcut from the screen. go to your applications and put the gallery back on the main screen. itll work now.

but anyway... i love typing on the onscreen keyboard now. sooo much better.

update + 1

romeov

Reaction score
fixed everything. ripped the battery out while the phone was on (hard reset) and threw the phone against the wall. everything works now. awesome!

Throwing the phone at the wall didn't fix anything, all it did was more than likely screw it up more and make it break easier in the future. Pulling the battery (which is not at all a hard reset) is all it took, which is pretty simple.

What do you do when your car breaks down? Smash it with a sledgehammer to fix it?

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
only major problem was all of my contacts were deleted except for like 6 or so... luckily for me, I had exported them all onto the SD card while I was playing with it a couple nights ago. reimported and booom, I now a much better phone :)

gabeevans88

Reaction score
i wonder if im a luck one, or if yall were just unlucky. i received the update thru the network, and it did nothing to any of my settings, contacts, anything. i feel for ya man. i wonder if its a certain app yall had that didnt mesh with the update or what.

Same here, just got the update, no problems, all my setting are there, and im liking the new lock screen!

mynameiserich

Reaction score
yeah nice going throwing an awesome phone against the wall haha. All technology is going to run into problems at some point. It isn't the software version because thousands of people including myself don't have these problems...I'm loving the new update

BillTheCat

Reaction score
If you have a shortcut on your desktop for the gallery, it wont work after updating. delete it and make a new shortcut from the app menu. The gallery got an update, so any shortcuts to the old app are broken. hth

My update push just finished, literally 5 minutes ago. Only issue I am seeing right away is the Gallery "app not installed" message. Trashing & replacing the Gallery icon did the trick.

Gotta go & try some more apps now to verify they're all working properly...

viperboy

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that when it "pokes" you for the update, if you decline it, it will poke you again later and it is supposed to apply the update anyway, at some point. So you won't be able to blow it off all together, in theory anyway.

mjs31

Reaction score
Not a single issue here. I thought I liked the old lock screen better, but the new one is growing on me.