dont want this update....

endurance

Reaction score
i dled this update.... it is a joke, it messed up my whole phone, deleted all my setting, all my contacts, i just want to go back to the old firmware, any way to do this?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

You cannot go back to 2.0

silvere2

Reaction score
Pretty sure if the update screwed up your contacts etc, going back to the previous version won't fix it. You didn't have your contacts backed up in gmail?

OP
endurance

endurance

Reaction score
i dont want to fix it, i just want 2.0 back, the point of this thread is just to have 2.0 back. i dont like this new update. i had my contacts synced with facebook + others saved on phone, now facebook sync doesnt work and the **** on the phone is gone! i just want to go back to 2.0 i dont care about the 300 contacts i lost. and no i dindt have anything backed up, i donnt know how to do any of that, i just use the phone to make calls and check email.

bpad10

Reaction score
ya, this update messed up a few things on my phone. I have the gallary icon for photographs yet when I try to enter it says I don't have the application installed. Also the Photos I downloaded from a previous phone are now gone.....

rod

Reaction score
i wonder if im a luck one, or if yall were just unlucky. i received the update thru the network, and it did nothing to any of my settings, contacts, anything. i feel for ya man. i wonder if its a certain app yall had that didnt mesh with the update or what.

jasonb

Reaction score
i liked the old unlock screen better, but things do seem better overall with the update.

bpad10

Reaction score
I received the update from verizon. woke up this morning and there it was. pressed install, came back after a shower and everything seemed ok. the "lost" photos and gallary icon that is there, but isn't are my only issue......

photos are not in the camera gallary either...just found them under wallpaper > pictures....interesting...need to figure out why gallary isn't working and how to get my photos to the gallary

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, I did the manual update and have none of the issues. I am beginning to think I am lucky to be impatient, 2.0.1 is working fine here.

For all of you having the issues, it couldn't hurt to download the update file and try reapplying it manually. And i'd assume (not guarantee) that if you were to find the 2.0 OS in an Update.zip format, you'd be able to revert to the old OS via the same procedure. Dunno, the device might have to be rooted for that, though.

OP
endurance

endurance

Reaction score
fixed everything. ripped the battery out while the phone was on (hard reset) and threw the phone against the wall. everything works now. awesome!