Don't want a refurb...

anava73

Reaction score
My power button has to be pushed a certain way to work. I would really like to exchange it, but don't want a refurb... not sure what to do? I had the DX2 and had nothing but problems with it, so they swapped it out for a new D3. But it was sent as a certified like new device. Any advice?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ragnell

Reaction score
I didnt want a refrub either until I got it, It felt brand new honestly, everything worked like it was fresh out the box

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Call verizon and tell them that your not excepting a rrfurb and they will send u a new 1

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
The phone has hardly been out for a long time, your most likely going to be sent a new device. Worst comes to worst you get a refurb that works. I dont see a problem with that.

Beamed down from my Droid 3

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Google Verizon certified like new and read the horror stories

Sent from my Incredible 2

The only people who write about vzw refurbs are the people who have received bad ones, thus googling it would not be accurate as to the reliablity of the service.

I've only received one bad refurb in the 10 years I've been with vzw.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
I received my Droid 3 on August 26. The local store determined I had a hardware problem. I received a NEW Droid 3 today as the replacement. Naturally, it did not include the battery and the back of the phone. I just took the battery out of the 'old' Droid 3 and moved it to the replacement Droid 3.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The only people who write about vzw refurbs are the people who have received bad ones, thus googling it would not be accurate as to the reliablity of the service.

I've only received one bad refurb in the 10 years I've been with vzw.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Lol, exactly. In 10 years, how many refurbs have you received. That is a huge DOA rate.

Sent from my Incredible 2

solar

Reaction score
I also got my Droid 3 replaced with a refurb because of hardware issues and it also seems like new. No issues at all. The only odd thing is that the KB on the new one is "scratchier" then the old on which felt more "smooth" to the touch. It doesn't cause any issues, its just weird that its different. I've also had a refurb D1 and D2, no problems with either one.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
I had an issue with my new D3 and was sent a refurb, I didn't want a refurb, because I paid for a new one. But when I got it, it looked brand new, so no biggie. However, the issue I had with the first one was that when I connected it to my pc, it locked up and the screen wouldn't respond to anything I did. Tried resets, battery pulls, power x method, it went to the setup screen with andy and "touch screen to start" but that was it. One problem I've had with the replacement is every now and then I get a random reboot and the battery life seems a little less than the first one. I'm thinking that there are more than likely some apps that are not compatible but have slid under the radar. Also, the cam app, if I close out of it with the power button and then go back to it, I get this weird green effect to the screen for a few minutes, then reboot by itself.
I will continue investigation, and repost when I figure it out.

Erikbal

Reaction score
I've gotten 2 or 3 refurbs in the 7 years I've been with Verizon and also have never had a problem with one. They have looked and performed like brand new. In my opinion they're just as good as new cuz they go through them and fix any and all problems they had and they're supposed to pass quality checks. That's why I don't understand how people get bad ones and ones that are DOA.