Dont walk RUN to get Pro Zoom 5x camera

Big D

Reaction score
Like someone else has already stated, so far we have not seen an app that will increase the quality of the picture. We've only seen stuff that will allow you to make adjustments.

I'm holding out for better quality. It seems like it's doable, it just hasn't been done yet.

SarahP

Reaction score
just tried pro zoom 5x after having also used camera zoom fx

if i hadnt already used camera zoom fx i would maybe have kept this but instead i refunded.

it feels like a half baked camera app and a half baked photo editing app stuck together. and why would i want to draw on a photo anyhow - its a strange feature ...

i decided it was best to go for best in class for both types of app, so i am sticking with camera zoom fx (100s of features, wonderful app) and picsay pro (amazing editing options and cool useful addons)

Last edited:

Slammer

Reaction score
Just thought I would drop a quick note after two weeks of using Pro Zoom Camera.

I have been taking a lot of pictures over Christmas of the family and friends. Get great shots and loving Pro Zoom Camera 5X. I was making the family laugh with my crazy edits to the pics last night.

Happy customer!

brochaos

Reaction score
the dare camera wasn't bad, but the white balance was horrible with the flash. everything was always blue.

my issue with the stock droid camera is that in low light with the flash ON, my pics still take a 1/10 shutter, which is way too slow. most cams default to 1/60 or so when the flash is on.

i have tried pro paint camera, but it does not save EXIF data, but the low light flash stuff is usually still blurry...

SarahP

Reaction score
this and camera zoom fx are both pretty good options for droid.

pro zoom is more like picsay with some extra camera features, but i think picsay still rules

Anomander

Reaction score
It started snowing where I live and I decided to take a few shots with the Droid. I learned something today that I should have known. Before you start taking pictures, you may want to wipe the camera lens off. First picture is before wipe. Second is after wipe. I'm so use to having a lens cap on a camera I didn't even stop to think the lens might be smudged on the phone.

Last edited:

windstrings

Reaction score
It started snowing where I live and I decided to take a few shots with the Droid. I learned something today that I should have known. Before you start taking pictures, you may want to wipe the camera lens off. First picture is before wipe. Second is after wipe. I'm so use to having a lens cap on a camera I didn't even stop to think the lens might be smudged on the phone.

It was determined that the wiping the screen excitement was not valid and there was a date error every 24.5 days "if I remember right... when that day tripped.. everyone's camera improved and some assumed it was from wiping the lens.

In your case, its likely your lens fogged up from walking out of a hot room into the frigid cold..... when you wiped the lens, it didn't refog.

I could be wrong...thats just a guess.

Anomander

Reaction score

It was determined that the wiping the screen excitement was not valid and there was a date error every 24.5 days "if I remember right... when that day tripped.. everyone's camera improved and some assumed it was from wiping the lens.

In your case, its likely your lens fogged up from walking out of a hot room into the frigid cold..... when you wiped the lens, it didn't refog.

I could be wrong...thats just a guess.
Hmmm I didn't think about the hot room to cold air fogging up the lens part. That could be it just as well. Regardless a clean lens makes for a much better picture. :) Bummed though that we only got an inch or two. Nothing like last years twenty-four inches we got over several days.

windstrings

Reaction score
Well the last update did wonders for the camera....but I have hopes for the 2.1 firmware to do even more.... some folks who have rooted their phone are already running it and I haven't noticed much fanfare about further camera improvements.... but they may not have what will be the latest release either.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a simple fix and thanks for the reminder.