Dont Sing it - BRING IT!

Tekniqs

Reaction score
ummm..you know maybe an internet connection WITH a wireless router? and the whole please get off the network thing was a joke cuz he knew his presentation was in trouble.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
ummm..you know maybe an internet connection WITH a wireless router? and the whole please get off the network thing was a joke cuz he knew his presentation was in trouble.

I'll go with that. Now, who was providing the internet connection for that wireless router?

kristoff125

Reaction score
You'd think with a tech conference like that, they'd make sure they could handle every person there being on Wifi, or at least have a dedicated router with some kind of security on it just for jobs.

Davew

Reaction score
I know some folks drooling over the new iphone. I pull out my droid and say there is one thing your iphone will never be able to do....
Then I showed them flash. I go now dont that make you mad that you about to pay all that money for a new device that do not do what this 7 month old device can do. Oh well continue on with your drooling.

Here is their take on Flash
Thoughts on Flash

Darkseider

Reaction score
Watching engadget's live blog. Looks pretty good so far. :icon_eek:

Finally, the iPhone is trying to play catchup to everyone else.
While we have the Droid Incredible, Nexus One, Evo 4G and Droid (Overclocked) running at 1GHz+, the iPhone now has a 1GHz processor.

APPLE IS SO INNOVATIVE!!!1!!ONE!

A little late to this thread but I am willing to bet that the A4 in the iPhone 4 is clocked down to 800Mhz tops and maybe a tad bit slower. The reason is that glass is NOT a good conductor of heat at all. Hell it is almost as bad as wood and that's because they both have very poor thermal conductivity. Seeing that this phone is glass on both sides it won't dissipate heat well at all.

Tekniqs

Reaction score
and they didn't dare get off wifi because they knew ATT would be that much slower, however had they been on verizon, they coulda turned wifi off and gotten the page to load.

then explain how the 3gs loaded up but not the 4g..lol you were trying to blame this on at&t

kristoff125

Reaction score
No, I said they stayed on WiFi because they didn't dare go onto the AT&T connection. <3 the iPhone and AT&T more, go get an iPhone 4 and join a jail breaking forum when the iPhone4 gets it. And last I checked, AT&T does NOT have a 4G network, it's the iPhone4, not 4G. thanks.

Tekniqs

Reaction score
No, I said they stayed on WiFi because they didn't dare go onto the AT&T connection. <3 the iPhone and AT&T more, go get an iPhone 4 and join a jail breaking forum when the iPhone4 gets it. And last I checked, AT&T does NOT have a 4G network, it's the iPhone4, not 4G. thanks.

lol at least come to a debate with correct information...it's called (or was) iphone 4g because it's the 4th GENERATION of the iphone. your first presumption was that it didn't load because of AT&t without even realizing that the 3gs loaded just fine. and i'm on the droid forums simply because i like droid more. but i don't see why i can't love my droid without being able to like the iphone as well.

kristoff125

Reaction score
correct information? It was never called the 4g, Apple, the company making the phone never called it the 4g, "4g" was just speculation and rumor, sorry for not falling for rumors and therefore coming to a 'debate' with wrong interpretation (as in I don't care fore rumors). And I made fun of AT&T because they have horrid service. Verizon has been proven time and time again to have better service, I knew they had WiFi at the conference, but had they used Verizon, the page would have loaded just fine.

blazingwolf

Reaction score
@kristoff125,

I would just drop it if I was you. You are obviously dealing with an Apple Fanboy and Apple will never do wrong to him.

kristoff125

Reaction score
I still do think it's funny that he said I had the wrong info, when in fact he had the wrong info thinking it was the iPhone 4G.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still do think it's funny that he said I had the wrong info, when in fact he had the wrong info thinking it was the iPhone 4G.

Let it go not worth the trouble, believe me...Why the heck is he in a Verizon Droid forum anyway? :confused:

Tekniqs

Reaction score
correct information? It was never called the 4g, Apple, the company making the phone never called it the 4g, "4g" was just speculation and rumor, sorry for not falling for rumors and therefore coming to a 'debate' with wrong interpretation (as in I don't care fore rumors). And I made fun of AT&T because they have horrid service. Verizon has been proven time and time again to have better service, I knew they had WiFi at the conference, but had they used Verizon, the page would have loaded just fine.

but they were on wifi...the 3gs loaded just fine so i don't know where you're going with this whole if it was verizon it would have loaded. dude, you do realize where the 4g came from right? it wasn't meant for 4g (ala sprint) but 4th generation. same thing with the ipods. did the ipod 5g have 5g network?

and to the guy above me..you're pretty dense. lol if you actually took the time to read the posts you'd see that i'm on the android wagon the whole way. it's a much better OS than iphone's.

kristoff125

Reaction score

but they were on wifi...the 3gs loaded just fine so i don't know where you're going with this whole if it was verizon it would have loaded. dude, you do realize where the 4g came from right? it wasn't meant for 4g (ala sprint) but 4th generation. same thing with the ipods. did the ipod 5g have 5g network?

and to the guy above me..you're pretty dense. lol if you actually took the time to read the posts you'd see that i'm on the android wagon the whole way. it's a much better OS than iphone's.

And I can speculate as to the next model BMW will be putting out, but if I'm wrong, and someone else is right, I won't tell them they lack info because they didn't follow the unofficial speculation is all I'm saying.
And I understand they were on WiFi, but why did Jobs not consider turning WiFi off and using the cell signal?
I'd guess because the phone wasn't active, but even if it was, which it may have been, I wasn't there so I wouldn't know, but the signal would have been slower than the pathetic attempt at WiFi they put up.