Don't Pirate Apps, Unless You Have No Shame That Is

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. I buy my games that I enjoy, I typically buy a DVD and rip it for my media server, but I absolutely have tons of MP3's that I didn't pay for, either from my CD rips, or friends, etc...

If I like the app a lot, or the launcher, I pay for it. Most of the launchers I have tried out and liked, I paid for, but we all have stuff that we didn't... A lot of things I might use once in a blue moon, but I wouldn't purchase because it just isn't worth it.

I mean let's be honest, 90% of the apps on the market are just crap, someone trying to make a quick buck by throwing something out there and hoping that a few people buy it...

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Pirate Bay has resulted in several DVD sales where I downloaded a movie I wasn't willing to pay for at the theater, expecting it to be mediocre. Then I watched it after pirating it, and liked it so much I went out and bought the DVD. I'll not argue the morality of pirating content but, in my case, it's resulted in several sales that would not have occurred had I not pirated the content originally.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You should pay for apps if you use and like the app, I don't agree with a 1 hour window to gauge an apps usefulness so I will try a pirated version for a day or two. If I like it I buy it, if I don't then I simply uninstall and move along.

I have a single paid app in the market, I didn't bother securing it since I also want to use an app at my leasure. Having registration fail on a paid app is extremely aggravating when no network connection is available.

D

Divergent

I agree with you guys, i did that and i'm happy that the paypal pay option is added.
You should pay for apps if you use and like the app, I don't agree with a 1 hour window to gauge an apps usefulness so I will try a pirated version for a day or two. If I like it I buy it, if I don't then I simply uninstall and move along.

I have a single paid app in the market, I didn't bother securing it since I also want to use an app at my leasure. Having registration fail on a paid app is extremely aggravating when no network connection is available.

Team COD

Find me on Google + ( https://plus.google.com/107971374253644561696 )

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be happier (and less piraty) if in-app purchases were transferrable to another device (not enabled on both devices simultaneously). I paid for a $10 upgrade in a game, updated my device ROM, restored the game, and the purchase was gone. I emailed the developer and was told that I'd have to purchase the in-app upgrade again, that they could/would not re-enable the upgrade. That doesn't sit well with me.

D

Divergent

I'd be happier (and less piraty) if in-app purchases were transferrable to another device (not enabled on both devices simultaneously). I paid for a $10 upgrade in a game, updated my device ROM, restored the game, and the purchase was gone. I emailed the developer and was told that I'd have to purchase the in-app upgrade again, that they could/would not re-enable the upgrade. That doesn't sit well with me.
I think that's a problem with a greedy developer...

Team COD

Find me on Google + ( https://plus.google.com/107971374253644561696 )

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Every time Google gives me free Google money for buying whatever device I use it to buy apps that have ad free versions if I haven't already purchased it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Another resource for legitimate paid Apps for free is the Amazon App Store's daily free app. I've gotten some nice utilities that are paid apps for free. Amazon is either subsidizing or reducing costs to the developer somehow in order to entice them to participate.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Pirate Bay has resulted in several DVD sales where I downloaded a movie I wasn't willing to pay for at the theater, expecting it to be mediocre. Then I watched it after pirating it, and liked it so much I went out and bought the DVD. I'll not argue the morality of pirating content but, in my case, it's resulted in several sales that would not have occurred had I not pirated the content originally.
This has happened to me in a huge way. I was sampling music to see if I liked it and if I did, I'd buy the CD. This resulted in a collection of over 3,800 actual CDs in my personal collection now. An entire closet is devoted just to my CD collection. Had I not sampled the music I would never have amassed such a large collection.

I was also a member of a CD exchange company a few years back called LaLa. The concept was if you had a CD that you didn't like you would list it for exchange and others would do the same. If you wanted something from someone else you could either ask for it directly or post it on your want list as well. And when it became available they would automatically ship it to you in a prepaid envelope. And the same would hold true if you had things listed on your collection that you didn't want any longer. During that time I took lots of doubles and triples that I had and exchanged them for legitimate copies of unique CDs.

That company since folded. It's a shame really, because it was a great concept and it was extremely inexpensive. I think the actual cost was 99 cents for the envelopes, and that was the entire expense.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Either autocorrect has become your worst enema or you're drunk. <grin>
Was definitely autocorrect... Lol.

Oh, and by the way... Don't you mean enemy? I don't think I've ever had an Enema, so I think my first (if I should ever have one in the future), would also be my worst!

So who's having problems with autocorrect now?

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
That was intentionally misspelled. :p

joke-went-over-your-head_zpse4410fa3.gif

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't pirate them at all, nor do I even purchase premium apps. I get along just fine with free apps. I have a problem with Google's 15 minute trial. There is no way to get a good feel from an app after only 15 minutes.