Dont NOT use pressurized air to clean droid!

olson0827

Reaction score
Do NOT use pressurized air to clean droid!

Learned my lesson last night. Was doing my weekly detailng of my droid and used a little burst of air to clean out the little ear slot on the phone and a nice big piece of lint/hair is now sitting smack dab in the middle of my beautiful screen! :mad: Bad news considering I have a little OCD when it comes to my phone. Any other ideas on how to remove the lint that does collect in that slot? I suppose im out of luck with my new screen companion also. I dont believe in returning something if it was my foolish fault.

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ahh crap that sucks.... try using a high powered vaccum like a shop vac and put a small adapter on it to see if that helps.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
You can't have been the first person to do this. Have you tried contacting Verizon or Motorola for a fix? I'd be cautious about trying to fix it on your own or of using the touchscreen until the dirt and lint is out of it.

Thanks for the warning and I hope that you can get this sorted out!

And while I admire your integrity, if you can use the insurance or any insurance provided by your credit card for the purchase, now may be the time. That's what insurance is for!

OP
O

olson0827

Reaction score
hehe, I tried the Shop Vac thing with no luck :( I am not sure if the insurance would work for that. I might go into the Verizon store and see if they can do something for me. I dont want be ridiculous about it, but it is sitting smack dab in the middle, pfft!

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
I did the same thing to clean my Droid and the canned air seemed to only make it worse. My screen now has dust under it and it really bugs me. I am too very OCD about that kind of stuff. I wish there was something I could do to clean it out. The issue with dust under the screen is only thing I dislike about the Droid, otherwise this is the best phone I've ever had.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
talk to VZW about a replacement... it's plausible the lint got under your screen while in your pocket right :) ?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, I wouldn't have expected that to happen. I agree with Martin on this one.

wil318466

Reaction score
Lol.. I keep shaking my head when I see these posts. I'm OCD about my phone too, I clean it quite a few times a day..... but I don't see 1 speck of dust (I just spent a minute looking for it very very closely) anywhere. All I do to clean my phone is wipe it on my shirt/pants/friend's shirt, whatever cloth is available, and its 100% clean.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have you tried to use the compressed air to push the dirt out of the viewing area.... it pushed it half way across why wont it keep pushing it till its out of sight...

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
have you tried to use the compressed air to push the dirt out of the viewing area.... it pushed it half way across why wont it keep pushing it till its out of sight...

But where would it end up? Probably not anywhere less dangerous. :icon_eek:

OP
O

olson0827

Reaction score
I tried pushing it further away and no, its stuck there.

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"Dont NOT use pressurized air to clean droid!"

so what youre saying is DO user pressurized air to clean droid?

ok i will

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
talk to VZW about a replacement... it's plausible the lint got under your screen while in your pocket right :) ?

Yes, little specks of dust got under the screen in the top right of the screen because I keep it in my pants pocket. It's really annoying. I doubt Verizon will care to replace my phone because of dust under the screen though.

Lol.. I keep shaking my head when I see these posts. I'm OCD about my phone too, I clean it quite a few times a day..... but I don't see 1 speck of dust (I just spent a minute looking for it very very closely) anywhere. All I do to clean my phone is wipe it on my shirt/pants/friend's shirt, whatever cloth is available, and its 100% clean.

I'm not the only one that has this problem. I remember when I first got my Droid over a month ago that there was a few posts about this same thing happening. You just must wear special jeans that don't collect lint or dust.

I now keep my phone in my old iPod Video case and it seems to help keep the dust out, I just wish there was a way to clean out the dust that is already in there.

misaac

Reaction score

ok i will

That's what I was thinking....

OP: Thanks for the tip. I had been considering using pressurized air... won't do it now.

OP
O

olson0827

Reaction score

ok i will

Ill remember to proof read my posts next time :)

BTW, speck is still there :(