Dont have "sd card notification"

Apprentice

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure if the motorola droid (original) comes with sd card notification... I mean cause my phone doesn't seem to have it on settings, sound, n its not there... I was wondering if anyone else has this? Cause my phone doesn't make the droid sound anymore on start-up or when connected to the computer via USB... also wondering how to get it? The phone is not root it, n it has 2.2 on it. Please help!

Thanks

droid1life

Reaction score
Try taking the SD card out and put it back in. I had mine sitting in there kinda funny once and it didnt read.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you getting any sound? On my d2 the sd card notification gets set to some random ringing noise if I don't have the droid sound set as my default notification tone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

Apprentice

Reaction score
I get no sound and I have the "Droid" as a notification ringtone.. also I was looking at my friends DX and looked at my settings, then sound and found out that I don't have the SD Card Notification as an option ... and he does have it... also all my volumes are set at Max.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droid1life

Reaction score
How long have you had the phone? If taking the SD card out and putting it back it does nothing I would get a replacment.

Or does it show that the card is in but does not have notification or sound?

OP
A

Apprentice

Reaction score
No, the phone works, the only thing I'm wondering is how come my phone stopped saying "Droooid" when starting up and when connecting the phone to the computer?? It just doesn't say that anymore... and it used to say it before...

Reaction score
How long have you had the phone? If taking the SD card out and putting it back it does nothing I would get a replacment.

Or does it show that the card is in but does not have notification or sound?

i have the same questions

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This setting was removed with the 2.2 update -

OP
A

Apprentice

Reaction score
Was it really removed?
In that case if I root would I be able to customize it to say Droooid? On start up, and when connected to the computer?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am Rooted and still don't have the option - although a Dev might add it back to the settings menu in a ROM

Sent from my Droid

OP
A

Apprentice

Reaction score
That's wack! Why would they remove it? I mean that's what makes it unique inaway right?

droid1life

Reaction score
Ohh that's what you were asking lol... Sry guess I didn't understand the question.

OP
A

Apprentice

Reaction score
Yes that's what I was asking.... lol (kinda late I know)

Talon3

Reaction score
Hi I have a slightly different problem with my sd card / droid.
Its a stock 1st Generation. I had it connected to the computer a few times with the usb cable. Now I tried to connect it tonight and this is what its doing.
Phone on plug usb cable into computer (Windows Vista Home Premium) and then to phone. Windows reports driver issue phone does not show anything at all in regards to connection.
With phone off make the connections and this time the charge light comes on but the phone will not turn on.

Any thoughts would be great on this weird problem the other times its worked like a charm.