dont have ICS...Here it is (Official One)

OP
C

concepttheman

Reaction score
wow....almost 400 views and no comments? this is official not leaked. does n e one appreciate this?
comment and let people know how this goes

outsid0r

Reaction score
wow....almost 400 views and no comments? this is official not leaked. does n e one appreciate this?
comment and let people know how this goes
the leak is the same as the official, this is really just a remake that would more then likely be the reason.

Theron

Reaction score
I know that here in Washington where I can't seem to pull the update, I appreciate it. :biggrin: But I have a couple questions. 1) Do I need to be rooted for this? 2) Do I need to be in a 4G coverage area to update using this method? Because where I live, I can't even click the system updates until I drive to a more populated area.

outsid0r

Reaction score
I know that here in Washington where I can't seem to pull the update, I appreciate it. :biggrin: But I have a couple questions. 1) Do I need to be rooted for this? 2) Do I need to be in a 4G coverage area to update using this method? Because where I live, I can't even click the system updates until I drive to a more populated area.
please check the roms area there are full instructions to follow IE how to install the leak.

Theron

Reaction score
Yeah, I found it already. Thank you for posting the "official" one. I know that it's the same as the leak, but some of us like being able to say we have the Verizon approved one.

OP
C

concepttheman

Reaction score
idk post the proof
i heard some things are not working on the link
and also there are different kernals
additionally you cant go backwards or accept future updates...just leaks
am i correct? check to c

outsid0r

Reaction score
idk post the proof
i heard some things are not working on the link
and also there are different kernals
additionally you cant go backwards or accept future updates...just leaks
am i correct? check to c
ICS 6.16.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US Update Applied Successfully; Update Files Captured - xda-developers proof easily gotten by looking instead of posting that which can easily be found. Also when the story broke http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/13/droid-4-ice-cream-sandwich-update-approved-by-verizon/

Last edited:

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Since the 217 leak became the official OTA, all those on 217 are back on the upgrade path.

More, on XDA and verified the leak and OTA have the same filename, kernel, baseband, and crc file.

reybie

Reaction score
I don't have access to an external sd card at the moment, any other way to install from within the internal storage? I saw the cache method but I can't find the downloadfile.apk :blink:

outsid0r

Reaction score
I don't have access to an external sd card at the moment, any other way to install from within the internal storage? I saw the cache method but I can't find the downloadfile.apk :blink:
FastBoot files, nuff said.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Fastboot is destructive update, no?

I've seen it reported that fastbooting the ICS files does not wipe your data but couldn't say for sure. Alternatively, if you download the .217 zip file from the .217 leak thread, unzip it, move the update .zip file and .crc file to your cache folder then you should just be able to reboot and the update will install on it's own.

Sent from my Infekted Droid 4