Don’t have any friends? Call 1-888-FACETIME to test Facetime on the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Shadez, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

by John Biggs on June 25, 2010

[​IMG]

The biggest problem with testing Facetime is the dearth of real, hard-core nerds out there with iPhone 4s. I’ve been able to talk to Greg and my buddy Tom, but that’s about it.

Now, however, you can call 1-888-FACETIME (188832238463) and talk to an Apple rep live over Facetime. They’re available from 8am to 8pm CDT. I tried it. It actually works.

Facetime is probably the best feature of the iPhone 4. It’s seamlessly integrated into the experience and it allows for Skype-like video quality over Wi-Fi.

Sadly, I don’t think it will be used very much. Seeing someone on a phone is much different than talking to them, especially since you feel compelled to look the other person in the eye while talking to them. It’s an odd feeling, a cross between an awkward meeting with your girlfriend’s parents and a chance head-butt on the bus. Plus you have to deal with mugs like mine.

(I'm sure this # will be swamped..)
Search tags for this page

does the droid dna have facetime