Don't hate me but...Blur Desk Clock anyone?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
There's a lot of confusion in this thread. The OP is actually referring to the 'Dock.apk' which activates when the phone is placed into the dock accessory. The 'DeskClock' that comes with Liberty stock has this feature built in, but it is not the same execution as the Blur version which includes a scrollable dock, etc.

To the OP, I've tried re-adding the dock to Liberty (which worked on GummyJar) but it does not seem to function, even after fixing the packages.xml. I haven't tried with 1.5, but I imagine the situation won't be any different. At this point, you are stuck with the AOSP version. But you can re-add the Blur alarm clock and at least have that on your phone (its available in the Toolbox)

+1 to what he said.

I also would like to have the Blur Desk Clock (Dock.apk), b/c I do place my phone in my multimedia dock every night to charge. I have gotten used to the AOSP version now. It is actually kind of cool, b/c the time turns green after a while and it is much easier on the eyes at night (yes I know about the lowering brightness button, but I still get alot of white light from that setting). Oh well, I love Liberty and I will adapt to whatever they do or do not give me.

OP
G

Greaser

Reaction score
Thanks Koveleski for the response (as well as everyone else) I appreciate your help.

Tapping And Talking From My X

TeeX

Reaction score
got mine downloaded, but when it was plugged into the dock, it wouldn't launch the weather widget, and the phone/dialer widget would not load up the number pad lol

not too useful like that. I'll try to re-download again later after work.

Growler48

Reaction score
got mine downloaded, but when it was plugged into the dock, it wouldn't launch the weather widget, and the phone/dialer widget would not load up the number pad lol

not too useful like that. I'll try to re-download again later after work.

That's odd. Everything works perfectly on my phone.

KerrAvon

Reaction score
The dock worked, but I didn't have the weather widget. Tried putting WeatherWidget.apk into system/app but that didn't work.

Oh well, will just stick with the regular desk clock

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Installing the Dock Moto zip worked just as I had hoped, but as others stated the weather widget was not listed in the dock widgets. Will let you guys know if I figure out a way to get the weather dock widget back.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
I'm on Apex 1.4.1 which is supposed to be Blurred a little bit and the dock seems to be struggling from the same issues you guys have. I loved the weather widget but then being able to scroll over to music controls. Is there another app that works like this? I'm not partial to Blur at all this is just the best example. I actually use mine like a media dock hooked up to my stereo everynight... ha.

Growler48

Reaction score
I'm on Apex 1.4.1 which is supposed to be Blurred a little bit and the dock seems to be struggling from the same issues you guys have. I loved the weather widget but then being able to scroll over to music controls. Is there another app that works like this? I'm not partial to Blur at all this is just the best example. I actually use mine like a media dock hooked up to my stereo everynight... ha.

Try Alarm Clock Plus.

bigwilly90210

Reaction score

Try Alarm Clock Plus.

Yeah I'm using it now. Looks pretty much the same. Like the option to read me the weather and time. The future has arrived! Ha. I still wish it had the scrollable bottom pane like the stock one, but I can drop my Beautiful Widgets weather widget in there. Wish I could swap out the clock one too, but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for the heads up!