Don't forget to tag your threads!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
How do you edit the tags if needed later on? I need to do this with one of my threads and if there's an "edit tags" option I'm not seeing it...

Brookstone

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't use the tag feature in my first post :), even I didn't know there was such a useful feature before.

"Tagging" threads with common keywords or phrases is really a very neat feature, that can make community members / Search Engines to find what they want easily and exactly.

However, May I ask a stupid question? How to use the "tagging" feature? when I post this reply, I still didn't find where to tag the keywords :redface:. Can someone help me out?

Append: Just I saw John told "just scroll down to the bottom and look for the tags/edit tags area" and got it. Because the letters are very small I didn't notice that, thanks! :)

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
How do you use tags in Tapatalk?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

flcastillo1975

Reaction score
if i forget to tag a thread, how do i find the threads i have started....

nvm ... i had a dee ta dee ... moment ... must have been all the time at Bikini's this weekend

Last edited:

Sia

Reaction score
How do I tag a message with a relevant tag?

I see "trackbacks" under the reply box but nothing that indicates a "tag". Is that the tag you are referring to? (I'm thinking it's not because) I am confused because I vaguely recall seeing both "tag- up to 5" AND "trackback" under my introductory post as options but I haven't seen "tag" since. Where is it?

bhall238

Reaction score
I'll try to remember that too. Thanks for the advice :).

flcastillo1975

Reaction score
i copied this section from johndroids post

For example, if I were starting a thread talking about "How to get Outlook Sync working with my Droid" I may tag the thread as follows:

outlook, outlook sync, outlook droid, droid sync

This makes it easier for Search Engines to find out what we are talking about and gives humans the ability to click on certain tags and view all the threads related to that particular tag/subject.

that is what was ment by tagging... hope that helps

ceboykin86

Reaction score
This may be dumb. But is it possible to add tags using the deoid forums app? I can't den to find the option.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

lisaliu

Reaction score
I'll remeber that too
icon_%20banana.gif

anneparker

Reaction score
In last 2 or 3 thread I mostly forgot .. But from now on I will try not to forgot.

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
I usually purposely avoid tagging because nobody uses the forum search feature anyway (or there wouldn't be 100 different posts about how to SBF or upgrade from froyo to the GB leak in the D2 ROM forum. I actually saw a thread asking for LGB v0.8 themes that was literally one above a thread titled "Working LGB v0.8 themes" with a one day gap between the two posts, so the second poster HAD to see the first thread)

KathiHR

Reaction score
missing step #1

I would love to 'tag' a post, but I cannot find any place on this web site that will give me a LINK to POST. So I'm not going to be tagging much of anything.