Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by JohnDroid, Nov 2, 2009.

1. DrSanders07

DrSanders07 New Member

How did you get the email set up? It just magically happened? I really want to get my email on my phone but having GREAT troubles!!
  2. DrSanders07

DrSanders07 New Member

Very new droid user! Just got it yesterday! I've figured out a few things but still working on others! Can't seem to connect to my current earpiece (Motorola H700 - pretty old!) and it won't let me set up my email other than gmail! :-(
    Loving the apps and special features! Pics aren't that great, but not my primary camera so not that concerned!
    Oh, I'm in Indianapolis.
  3. The_Omega_Man

The_Omega_Man New Member

I currently use an LG Voyager (personal phone) until my New Every Two deal is up in May 2010 anyway. (I use a BB 8830 world edition phone for my work ) I didn't really think much of the G1 because of the form factor and the T-Mobile factor.:icon_eek:
    I have been drooling over the Droid since it was announced. And I am trying to work the best angle to get one ASAP. I am also looking into the Android Developers SDKs. Who knows where that might lead! :icon_ devil:
  4. Dirty

Dirty New Member

Hi, i'm a new Verizon Droid customer. Great site by the way.
  5. virodeath

virodeath New Member

ello ello

Hey guys just got my Motorola Droid the other day, been searching the internet for informed people and a good forum to learn at and found you guys. I am hoping to learn how to use the Droid well enough to maybe one day create and share themes.

Viro
  6. stephluva79

stephluva79 New Member

Hey guys!

Stephan is the name and im looking for some answers on my new Droid. Im having some issues trying to get custome alert/notification tones for my Droid. Does anyone know how i can get all this to work? I can set my ringtone, but not my text tone. I dont like the notification sounds this system provides for my text messages. Is there an application i can purchase or download for free? Little direction would be great! Thanks and enjoy your Droids!
    Stephan
  7. BIG_RED

BIG_RED New Member

HEY GUYS,

I am introducing myself in the right thread now. I am the girlfriend to MIAMI1683 so I am not really new. I have heard about this forum since like member 100 I just got tired of listening to him tell me about it so I joined woot woot!!!

HAVE FUN BIG_RED
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

What troubles are you having?
  9. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Well maybe download Handcent from the Market. It's a new SMS and MMs app. Set that as your default messaging app. In that one you can set a different tone and LED flas color among other things.
  10. ricepuddin

ricepuddin New Member

Hello, been lurking for a little bit decided to join. awesome forum
  11. Demonbrn

Demonbrn New Member

Guess I could throw somthing up here about myself. I live in Concord California, I've had my droid for about 3 weeks now, and I'm a Saftey Technician for Self Contained Breathing Apparatuses and Confined Space entry equipment for refinery workers, fire departments and police.
  12. CharlieL3

CharlieL3 New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to the Droid, but I have been a Palm smartphone user for years.

For those trying to set up email accounts. I used the settings that SnapperMail used for the Treo, and those settings work for the Droid as well.

The link to the page is SnapperMail Support FAQ (I hope that works, some boards don't allow URLs in messages for new users).

ETA - I see that it does work.
  13. Sanibel

Sanibel New Member

Ummmmmmm...o.k.....lil bit bout me. I'm a stay at home mommy of 3 from Ohio. I figured when my 9 and 11 year old kids had nicer cell phones then me...it was def. time to upgrade. I couldn't wait to get my Droid home and read all about it. Well....no manual! Sooooo...I stumbled appon this forum while trying to figure out what apps. are available. I'm new to the Droid and new to the whole "forum" thing as well. Bare with me......LOL Jenn from Ohio:motdroidhoriz:
  14. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

1st, welcome Jenn. The phone is great and the community is great with support. With the little ones Be SURE to get a good protector (the Seidio's are supposed to be great, I just ordered one last night).
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  15. Sanibel

Sanibel New Member

Thanks for the "Welcome" KZI! Can't wait to get to know my new phone and all of you guys! :yr1:
  16. riahon

riahon New Member

I'm coming over from the Blackberry Storm 1 & 2. The Droid is GREAT, but I find the learning curve a little steeper! This forum is very informative! I look forward to helping others as my knowledge increases.
  17. mrpmnewman28

mrpmnewman28 New Member

Hey All, Just here to learn about my new droid.....thanx....
  18. BigJim

BigJim New Member

Hi Guys and Gals;
    BigJim here. I'm a new droid user switching over from a Palm Treo 700p. I have been a palm user for 15 years. I'm having a hard time finding apps to port all my stuff over, especially the memo app on the palm. 15 years worth of info is a lot to re-enter by hand. About 480 memos. If I can't find a good app. I may bail on this so called Smartphone.
  19. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

From Palm OS to Android (Droid) - Android Forums
    Importing Palm Memos - surely this can be done?? - Android Forums

Hope it helps. There are sacrifices to be made for evolution. But admittedly I don't really consider the Droid a "smart-phone." I'm coming from WM smart-phones and there are just a bunch of small things missing that require apps (many times for cost) that should be part of the OS. But it will get there, and there are workarounds. You just have to weight the pros and cons and decide for yourself.
  20. Jumper2pilot

Jumper2pilot New Member

I am new here! Just got my Moto Droid and I love it! I am Navy guy in New Orleans and looking for some tech help with some the not so easy stuff!
Search tags for this page
.doodlemobile featureviewnew delete

.doodlemobile

.doodlemobile featureviewnew

can i delete .doodlemobile featureviewnew

don't forget to make an introduction thread!

doodlemobile
doodlemobile folder android

my car salon android hack

my car salon coin hack

my car salon hack

my car salon hack android
what is .doodlemobile featureviewnew