Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobish

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm new to the Droid. Although I'm pretty happy with it I have my complaints, one of which is the fact that in order to remove an application you have to go into it from the Market Place to uninstall. If there's another way to do it, let me know.

menu>settings>applications>manage applications

GoodWillTalking

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined. I own one of the original Motorola Droids and decided to come here to learn stuff. Better late than never, I guess!

geewiz2k1

Reaction score
I love these phones

I have had a Droid X for a little over a month. I have rooted it, updated to Froyo, and re-flashed it back to Eclair, only to root it again and update it to Froyo but keeping root this time. This is a good thing. I like seeing what the possibilities are. I have an Application Development book and I'm trying to write my own things for these phones. This forum and a few others have helped me immensely. Please lets keep up the good work.

Geewiz2k1

PlacePop

Reaction score
New Android developer saying hello

Hi there -

Just wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forum. My name is Julia and I work for PlacePop, we develop super fun geo-social apps for Android, iPhone and more.

We are currently in early testing phases of a new Android app. If there are any forum members out there who love testing out the latest and greatest apps, please get in touch to join our private beta program! You can email me at: [email protected]

Thanks folks!

Julia
PlacePop, Inc.

dapenguin08

Reaction score
hello

Dapengui08

Hey, well im here to find out stuff about my droidx. Im new to smartphones so this site is perfect. I ill also help others if i can.

roboeclispe

Reaction score
Just got my Droid X last week and still amazed at the phone!!!! What's an Iphone again!?!

kennyc

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi. I ordered my Droid X this past weekend and and jonesing for it!

sbclose678

Reaction score
I'm so new that...

...I won't have my Droid X till next week! I'm just getting a head start learning all about it.

I've told the people I work with that as soon as I receive the Droid X, I will no longer be working. I may be here physically but that's about it. loldancedroid

I'm not techie advanced but I love my gadgets! Pretty good at figuring things out though.

Thanks! Glad to be here!

S

BlaqTaz

Reaction score
Coloneldave, I love just imagining how life was with all those huge big computers. I'm in my 30's and this is my 4th smartphone. I've been into computers since the 80's when you had to press "Crtl+Open Apple+Delete" to restart it. My first experience on the programming side was Basic with the Apple computer. I'm new to the Droid forum and am scheduled to receive my Droid X today and I'm anxiously awaiting it. Thanks again for the blast from the pass experience that you gave me while reading your post.

Last edited:

jboutall

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've had my Droid X for a few weeks, and joined the forum with hopes that you all might be able to help troubleshoot a problem with the phone. Thanks.

JadziaD

Reaction score
New Droid 2 owner. I've been wanting one for a long time now. I saw the leaked screenshot of prepaid Droids from Verizon (starting Sept 2). I got one today. The person that came up to me in the verizon store didn't even know about it yet. I'm so burned on contracts and now I can have my Droid prepaid!! :D Can't wait to start hacking and programming it.

nelsonlloyd4

Reaction score
new to forum

:reddroid:hello everyone.am nw to this forum, and i think am loving it already.am the proud owner of a driod incredible.i've owned 2 motorola driods before.I think they are all great phones, but the incredible has a lot more to offer.

Jaddroidx

Reaction score
New Droid x

Just got the droid x. It is my third smartphone, started with a Trio, then BB Storm and now the Droid. Very impressed with some features after a few days and very annoyed with others.

Hopefully I can get exchange to synch. Even touchdown isn't helping. It changes my yahoo password randomly and stops working and I for the first time ever have had a text message just not send????

Hopefully these are just startup bugs, as the phone in general in great if it works.

tejens

Reaction score

Aloha! I think this is the best forum for getting help, tips, info etc. for the droid. I've had my the original droid since the release and I love it. I've taken the liberty to experiment with it also and I've rooted, unrooted, changed roms several times, and overclocked. I think that being able to do all this is the best part of owning a droid. And, having a forum like this gives you a peace of mind because you can always come back here and get the help you need from the helpful and knowledgeable members. I'm glad forums like this exist and I'm very happy to be a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.