Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeGood

Reaction score
Hello!!

Hello everyone!! Joey is my name and coffee keeps me sane =)

I'm a proud Motorola Droid owner and a Telecommuications Systems Analyst for the Army Reserve. One piece of my occupational puzzle is managing about 200 Blackberries (BBs). So, since the DoD imposes such STRICT restrictions on BBs, it's REFRESHING to own a Droid and get to play around with it!!

LOVE having XM on my hip. LOVE being able to see when DC's next Metro train is pulling in. And LOVE knowing there's this Droid Community here because Verizon's Support Service is EVER-so-helpful :icon_rolleyes:

I found this website solution-hunting for a problem caused by the v2.2 update (nooooooo =). My Sirius-XM app kept audio-looping (you know...it's VERY annoying to hear the same news clip seven straight times while showering!!) Thanks to "evildroid" (Member# 101486), my issue is a thing of the past. dancedroid

Thanks to the creators of this community and thanks to the constant contributors!! You are all making owning a Droid EVER BETTER!!

(Special thanks to "evildroid" for helping me resolve my issue. Quoted from post #235 here - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/47832-sirius-xm-android-app-here-24.html)

evildroid said:
Thanks to Booch_21 (and others) I was able to get it to work perfectly. I enjoyed 2 hours of uninterrupted XM yesterday. Booch_21 already laid out the instructions but I'll post a simplified version anyway.

Here's what I did:

1) Purchase and install easyroot (i'm lazy and easyroot is cheap)
2) Root phone
3) Reboot
4) Purchase and install root explorer
5) Use root explorer to edit /system/build.prop
6) Change the line media.stagefright.enable-player=true
to media.stagefright.enable-player=false
7) Reboot

FFMF24

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Excited to be a member of your forum and learn more about my droid I just purchased a few days ago. Never thought there would be a forum for the phone though.dancedroid

pianotech

Reaction score
Greetings,
I had a BlackBerry Storm that crashed a lot and I wouldn't buy a ianything. Wasn't too interested in Droid until the X came out and that was the answer to it all. Verison was great in replacing the first X as it had a problem and everythings is good. For an older guy this is fun.

pianotech

Reaction score
Hello,

I just joined the forum after a few days of looking at it. I got my DroidX the second day they came out. I had a BlackBerry Storm 1 that crashed a lot and was sick of it. The Droid crash too, took it to Verizon and they replace it as a few of them would reboot for no reason. I guess the only complaint the the maps program that I use all the time to find client needs fixing (the maping portion) as it goes crazy going north on 95 in Las Vegas. Just having fun. Love the Droid.

Bum454ss

Reaction score
Just saying hi. I'm just one of many Blackberry users to see the infinite advantages and have a DX on the way. Looking forward to squeezing it's potential.

HandTool

Reaction score
HandTool here.

Dear fellow Droids: I'm new to this forum. I found it looking for a desk cradle for my Incredible. I am very happy to be part of this community. Here's to making our 'Droids everything that Open Source can be.

All my best,
HandTool

renowels

Reaction score
New To This Site

I'm new here, but have had my "old" Droid since before last Christmas. Hooked on the thing.

johndemo

Reaction score

This John.I have a D2.Its my first smart phone,andI'm loving it.I have already learned alot from this site.Hope to learn much more.Thanks.:blackdroid:

deltarider209

Reaction score
Hi everyone...just got my DroidX today and have to say I'm lovin it...I have alot to learn so if anyone has some good advice I thank you.

JesseMONSTER

Reaction score
Hey my name is Jesse... I've had my droid since January of 2010, and I've decided to make an account because i just got into rooting my phone and have already ran into so many problems.. I could really use all the Help I can get.

bookman46

Reaction score
Hi All,
Total newbie here. My first droid phone, in fact my first phone that does anything besides make calls. Lot's to learn, but enjoying the ride so far.
Sam

whiterabbitfound

Reaction score
This should be interesting...

Hello All,

I am pretty new to the Droid scene. Had an iPhone for sometime... well several iPhones... Found that they were just to fragile for my rugged lifestyle. With that said I have since found love in my motorola droid. So far I have been content with it until Verizon put out the 2.2 update. Since then I have had nothing but issues with everything on my phone. I had a friend offer to root it for me but decided that if it was going to be done I needed do it myself. So I'm reading and reading and hopefully I wont kill my phone.

Joe Droid

Reaction score
New Droid owner soon

Just ordered a Droid 2 for my wife, can get my own in about 2 weeks. Joined so I can get a head start on whats good and whats bad with the Droid.

I currently have an LG Voyager. Don't laugh, it gets me by and average battery life is a week! (But, I'm not a real heavy data user).

Looking forward to learning the Droid life.

Status
Not open for further replies.