Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

SFGate

Hi everyone, this is louisa, new to this forum. I think it was a best idea joining this Community, hoping you guys will probably help me out learning about it.

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

OP
S

SFGate

Hi guys,

I'm from Germany and new to this Forum to learn more about Android and it's users in other countries. I'm using a Motorola Defy and here's my first question: I could not find the Defy in the listed devices, where are Defy Threads and Posts listed? Thanks for help.
A few words bout me, I use 2 devices, one with CM7 nightly, mostly up to date and one with a german translated and modded Galnet Miui ROM. This ROM is weekly updated for german users by myself. I add some build.prop tweaks and changes in framework. So now I'm looking forward to get new Tips and Tricks from you and learn more about Android here. Hope to have a good time here...:biggrin:

Just saying hi. DancingNexus

OP
S

SFGate

Hello all,

I am looking forward to getting to know as many of you as possible. I would have normally said "everyone," but I know how big a forum this is. I have a Bionic, that I bought the first day they came out. I had an HTC Incredible that I had in my hand on launch day, but did not buy, then had to wait for the supply demand to settle down. So, while I liked, not loved, the Incredible, I knew it was time for a new phone, and with the hype, delays, time to completely re-design, I figured I wouldn't make the same mistake I did, not buying the HTC when it was in my hand, and then ending up waiting for them to fill the glass shortage, to fulfill orders. I knew the S-2 was on it's way, and that gave me some pause, but i would deal with it. I know this is for intros, so I will keep it at that, but as much as I really like the Bionic (I am not having any of the bugs, at least that I have detected) but I am not happy about the immediate release of the Razr. I will save that for the appropriate thread.

I never had problems with programming pop3 on any phone, but I am now, so that will be my first stop, but I will be then visiting Bionic vs. Razr threads next. Not that I expect Verizon to make a phone, then kill their own sales, but they could have released both, with a premium on the Razr, and maybe a discount on the Bionic. But they rolled out the Bionic, kept the Razr secret, and not only screwed over (and I mean by just not offering a choice for the loyal customers that waited) but I understand that there is a task management system on the Razr that they will not release for the Bionic. Obsolescence goes with these products, but could you imagine the uproar if Apple released the 4s and then 6 weeks later released an iPhone 5? I know I said I would go join that thread, but they bungled the Bionic, invested a lot of time redesigning it, and started concurrently working on another phone, but kept it quiet. So instead Motorola, or Verizon, or both, just duped their most loyal customers.
As I said, it could have been done right, but they showed how to not do it, especially when you are almost definitely going into a subsidy contract. At the very least, there should be a substantial trade in program, but that is another problem with loyalty to a CDMA carrier. If the Bionic wasn't stuck as a domestic USA phone, they could buy them back, but there not, so thy just burned their customers...enough on an intro thread....LOL.

Just saying hi. DancingNexus

jazjay1

Reaction score
new just doing intro im a nb to the rooting thing but love it am very addicted lol.....i have rooted a htc droid incredible with 0 issue in minutes and also and older phone of mine the huawei ascend also quick but with extensive research and sooooo many tries am still not able to root my motorola droid 2 global 2.3.4 been trying for days soooo frustrated...willing to look into any suggestion easy or hard please HELP!! lol

OP
S

SFGate

nope just press and hold the icon, the trash can appears and drag it to the trash... That's it.. don't worry it's always in your market so your only removing it from your home page

Hope all is going well. DancingNexus

OP
S

SFGate

new just doing intro im a nb to the rooting thing but love it am very addicted lol.....i have rooted a htc droid incredible with 0 issue in minutes and also and older phone of mine the huawei ascend also quick but with extensive research and sooooo many tries am still not able to root my motorola droid 2 global 2.3.4 been trying for days soooo frustrated...willing to look into any suggestion easy or hard please HELP!! lol

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

raw57

Reaction score
Just traded my D2G in for another phone. I was lucky and had it rooted before the most recent OTA update. The update locked things down. As of a week ago, to the best of my knowledge, an exploit hasn't been found. You might be out of luck with rooting the phone. At least for a little while.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the new members & congrats to the existing members who have upgraded their phones :)...

modposhbaby

Reaction score
Hello Rabecca here,

got my HTC EVO 4G last March been hating it mainly because the camera always shuts down my phone as well as my daughters very strange had it changed the camera in the phone still happens and then new phone ordered still did it so here I am tyring to understand the apps etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.