1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

dont drop your phone with a case!!!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by jrws6, Dec 26, 2011.

1. jrws6

jrws6 New Member

I dropped my phone in the driveway,and this was the result. Luckily Best Buy black tie program hooked me up (slowly but they did)
    View attachment 44869 View attachment 44870

Just got a store credit and ended up purchasing a gnexus......
  2. jtpowell

jtpowell New Member

Ouch. Goes to show it's still glass folks. I just don't drop my phone. Someone needs to make me a wrist lanyard like the Wii Controller.
  3. Nyobie

Nyobie New Member

OP - reminds me of my Motorola Q.

The wrist lanyard... What a great idea! Lol!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
  4. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge New Member

I've dropped mine twice so far...both times I had the cheap rubberized 3.00 case that amazon sells...I think its rubberish outside helps absorb the impact and soften the blow ..no damage to mine either time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  5. Oaklands

Oaklands New Member

Gorilla glass it ain't! When I think of a Gorilla, I think of beating and banging things. It needs a name that refers to it being hard to scratch. I lost count of the Corelle dishes that have broken from a small drop out of the dishwasher in my home.
  6. jrws6

jrws6 New Member

Please no one take my post as a razr bash.. I loved that phone, and am still not 100% on the gnex... I will say the camera is effing awesome, ZERO shutter lag and panoramic pictures are extremely cool. FWIW my Razr was in the verizon oem holster kickstand combo. I wish the razr had those ... The razr screen is far more superior and brilliant than the GNEX... IMO
  7. SallyC

SallyC Well-Known Member

I dropped mine this morning and as I tried to grab it, spilled tea all over it.

The screen never even flickered! So happy! :D
  8. eric.scheman

eric.scheman New Member

Lol love it. What's even worse is I would use it while it was in my hands
  9. jrws6

jrws6 New Member

Update:

Didnt like the NExus as much as my Razr, so I returned it and got a Razr again. :)
  10. todroid

todroid New Member

BTW, you do know Razr has the panoramic feature, right?
  11. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Mine fell out of my pocket today in the bathroom on tile from about 3' without any case. Not a scratch. I'd say that you just got un-lucky.
  12. smacinskyjr

smacinskyjr New Member

I'd say that case is mostly to blame. the Verizon shell / holster combo cases have zero protection on the top and bottom of the phone, which is where his broke. I have the Otterbox commuter series and have dropped it one time so far and the case did what it was supposed to do, it protected the phone. In my opinion the shell / holster case isn't designed to protect the phone much if at all. BTW dropping a phone is very rare for me to do. Even at the end of their life my phoned look brand new!
  13. mamawm

mamawm New Member

Actually the shell holster combo is a really good case. My husband has it on his charge. Back in the summer he went out to get the tractor and mower ready and laid phone on the mower while he hooked everything up. then he forgot about it and proceeded to mow the yard. When he realized what he had done he went looking. finally found phone and holster was about 3 feet away. Phone had no damage, clip was broken on holster. He had run over them with the mower. I guess it all has to do with physics and angles.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  14. ChuckzDroid

ChuckzDroid New Member

First drop...

I dropped my RAZR for the first time today on a tile floor...rewally scared me! No harm no foul! :)
  15. TJ Hanna

TJ Hanna New Member

I have dropped my phone a few times. Lucky no damage (as i have probably jinxed myself) lol. I have the Verizon holster case combo. It may not offer alot of protection, however with the case on the phone it still can go onto the hd docking station and the car dock. Very happy about that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  16. posttal

posttal Member

Just remember that Gorilla glass is SCRATCH proof...not SHATTER proof....actually scratch resistant but I'v never heard of one scratching personally.Hey I also heard that the kelvar back will stop a 9mm...anyone want to try that out ?