dont drop your phone with a case!!!

jtpowell

Reaction score
Ouch. Goes to show it's still glass folks. I just don't drop my phone. Someone needs to make me a wrist lanyard like the Wii Controller.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Ouch. Goes to show it's still glass folks. I just don't drop my phone. Someone needs to make me a wrist lanyard like the Wii Controller.

OP - reminds me of my Motorola Q.

The wrist lanyard... What a great idea! Lol!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I've dropped mine twice so far...both times I had the cheap rubberized 3.00 case that amazon sells...I think its rubberish outside helps absorb the impact and soften the blow ..no damage to mine either time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oaklands

Reaction score
Gorilla glass it ain't! When I think of a Gorilla, I think of beating and banging things. It needs a name that refers to it being hard to scratch. I lost count of the Corelle dishes that have broken from a small drop out of the dishwasher in my home.

OP
J

jrws6

Reaction score
Please no one take my post as a razr bash.. I loved that phone, and am still not 100% on the gnex... I will say the camera is effing awesome, ZERO shutter lag and panoramic pictures are extremely cool. FWIW my Razr was in the verizon oem holster kickstand combo. I wish the razr had those ... The razr screen is far more superior and brilliant than the GNEX... IMO

SallyC

Reaction score
I dropped mine this morning and as I tried to grab it, spilled tea all over it.

The screen never even flickered! So happy! :D

eric.scheman

Reaction score

Lol love it. What's even worse is I would use it while it was in my hands

OP
J

jrws6

Reaction score
Update:

Didnt like the NExus as much as my Razr, so I returned it and got a Razr again. :)

todroid

Reaction score
I will say the camera is effing awesome, ZERO shutter lag and panoramic pictures are extremely cool. FWIW my Razr was in the verizon oem holster kickstand combo. I wish the razr had those ...

BTW, you do know Razr has the panoramic feature, right?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Mine fell out of my pocket today in the bathroom on tile from about 3' without any case. Not a scratch. I'd say that you just got un-lucky.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
I'd say that case is mostly to blame. the Verizon shell / holster combo cases have zero protection on the top and bottom of the phone, which is where his broke. I have the Otterbox commuter series and have dropped it one time so far and the case did what it was supposed to do, it protected the phone. In my opinion the shell / holster case isn't designed to protect the phone much if at all. BTW dropping a phone is very rare for me to do. Even at the end of their life my phoned look brand new!

mamawm

Reaction score
Actually the shell holster combo is a really good case. My husband has it on his charge. Back in the summer he went out to get the tractor and mower ready and laid phone on the mower while he hooked everything up. then he forgot about it and proceeded to mow the yard. When he realized what he had done he went looking. finally found phone and holster was about 3 feet away. Phone had no damage, clip was broken on holster. He had run over them with the mower. I guess it all has to do with physics and angles.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ChuckzDroid

Reaction score
First drop...

I dropped my RAZR for the first time today on a tile floor...rewally scared me! No harm no foul! :)

TJ Hanna

Reaction score
I have dropped my phone a few times. Lucky no damage (as i have probably jinxed myself) lol. I have the Verizon holster case combo. It may not offer alot of protection, however with the case on the phone it still can go onto the hd docking station and the car dock. Very happy about that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums