DON'T Charge Your HTC 10 With A Nexus 6P Charger!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I charge my 6p with my 5x charger wonder if I'm destroying it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, the average user that doesn't own a 6p isn't going to have a 6p charger to use, but I get what you're saying.

Don't those manuals that no one reads say something about only using official or approved chargers, though...? Haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The note 5 pengate should tell you how much people read the manuals. People take the phone out the box (or the sales rep do), set up their contacts and apps, and buy accessories out of the store. Which leaves me to the next issue, they buy a bad charger from the carrier or retail store.

Yeah JK you are right that at the end of the day HTC can point to the obvious, RTFM (read the freaking manual), but given their current position they can not afford to open themselves to bad pub like this. Then again this will likely blow over given the trend of HTC sales as of late.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The note 5 pengate should tell you how much people read the manuals. People take the phone out the box (or the sales rep do), set up their contacts and apps, and buy accessories out of the store. Which leaves me to the next issue, they buy a bad charger from the carrier or retail store.

Yeah JK you are right that at the end of the day HTC can point to the obvious, RTFM (read the freaking manual), but given their current position they can not afford to open themselves to bad pub like this. Then again this will likely blow over given the trend of HTC sales as of late.

I felt very similar during the pengate issue as well, if you remember.

You can't fix stupid. Not that I think the person in the story in the OP is stupid by any means, but we, as a nation, have become so entitled that it makes me sick.

You don't have to have an electrical degree to know the right charger is important. It was either the OG Droid or the first Droid X where people were noticing the touch screen getting all wonky on third party chargers. These issues have been around since before many of the "average consumers" ever even thought to get a smartphone.

I get so tired of seeing people blame companies for their mistakes. How about a little ownership?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You can't fix stupid. Not that I think the person in the story in the OP is stupid by any means, but we, as a nation, have become so entitled that it makes me sick.

You don't have to have an electrical degree to know the right charger is important. It was either the OG Droid or the first Droid X where people were noticing the touch screen getting all wonky on third party chargers. These issues have been around since before many of the "average consumers" ever even thought to get a smartphone.

I get so tired of seeing people blame companies for their mistakes. How about a little ownership?

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

People taking ownership.....hahahaha. I'll just settle for people being willing to stop texting/social media and driving. Let's start there first and then maybe we will work on this ownership thing you are talking about.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

You know I get where you're coming from but that's WHY manufacturers used to make their phone plugs custom and incompatible with other phones. Then Micro USB stepped in and tried to make them all uniform. Unfortunately even that wasn't a perfect solution, and as long as manufacturers fail to adhere to the standards you'll have these same problems. The whole idea was to make them foolproof but that makes consumers less likely to think before doing.

Even Hewlett Packard is still making their printer power supplies with custom plugs that are not only shaped differently between printer models, but are also different colors. This also reduces the number of companies that will go through the trouble of making compatible power supplies since they need to make multiple different versions for just one manufacturer's products.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this could be an anomaly. I have been charging my HTC 10 for 2 hours with the 6P charger. It has reached 100% and has been charging for about an hour after hitting that mark. My HTC 10 is actually cool to the touch. It hasn't over heated at all.