1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Don't care about Facebook

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Dr. Jekyll, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll New Member

I'm probably going to be getting a Droid in the next month or so. I don't really care a whit about Facebook. Is my Droid experience going to be diminished if I don't use any of the Facebook crap? Is any essential phone, web, email capability inextricably tied to Facebook?

Thanks.
  2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

No it will no tbe diminished at all. Enjoy the device. FWIW LOTS of people use FB just so ya know :)
  3. yearn

yearn New Member

No not at all, really all the benefits of facebook I have seen have been the ability to sync your contacts and and contact pics. So if you dont use it, its really no biggie
  4. romeov

romeov New Member

I'm the ONLY person I know (under 30) who doesn't have a facebook account, and my droid doesn't miss it at all, not a problem whatsoever. only thing that is harder is the facebook app syncs your google contacts with current profile photos, so you'll have to do that by hand if you want them, no biggie.
  5. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Its a great phone with or without Facebook. Looks of great apps.