Don't be a sucker for Verizon

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by davishusband, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davishusband

davishusband Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been grandfathered in for the unlimited plan, because I am loyal to big red, Verizon has had me feeling like I am special:)! $30.00 for 2 gb cap, I would use that in 2-3 days. Thank god I am on unlimited for $29.99. Why did I write this topic? I want to let everybody know that if you're willing to debate with Verizon they will give anybody unlimited plan still. They know there are still plenty suckers that will pay for their petty little 2 GB cap. If your verizon store claims they can't do it, they lie! Call the verizon number, go to a different store, trust me it won't be too hard to find someone to give you unlimited still.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!

2. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you just upgrade from another smartphone? Everyone who already had a smartphone on vzw and upgrades to another smartphone gets to keep their unlimited...nothing special about it. From your signature, looks like you went from a D1 to a D3 just like I did, no plan change needed for that.

3. acoers

acoers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so you just call them and *debate and they will give ya unlimited

#3 acoers, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
  4. doobie711

doobie711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU. i'm glad someone else was worried about these new data caps enough to complain. i've had my unlimited for about two years now ever since i got my very first droid. i didn't want to worry about using my 2 gig cap in a week. I almost thought that switching networks would have to suffice but alas there is no other service than big red in middle georgia. good to know they can be (somewhat) compassionate about some of the more data heavy users.

5. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You already have unlimited so there is no need to complain or worry, they will not make you switch to a tiered data plan. I still have my old Alltel plan, they didn't make me switch to a more expensive Verizon plan when I upgraded from an Alltel BlackBerry to a VZW Droid 1 after the VZW/Alltel merger and they did not make me change to a tiered plan when I upgraded from my D1 to the D3 after tiered plans went into effect. Upgrading phones just renews your current plan contract for another two years. However if you want to change your plan, like adding minutes...well then that changes everything.

Right now only new customers or those switching from dumb phones or feature phones to smartphones that need to worry/complain about tiered data...

6. MegaThrasher

MegaThrasher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I honestly don't know how you can use 2gb in 2 days unless you're downloading NONSTOP 24/7. I don't even use that in a month.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

7. acoers

acoers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i got the 2gb tiered plan and i didnt go over that in a month. Im usually on wifi though but it would be nice if i had unlimited for the same price.

8. JoeHockey

JoeHockey Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I recently upgraded from D1 to D3 as well and the one thing I did learn is that I now MUST buy my phones from VZW or risk losing my "grandfathered" status. I almost bought on-line, for a great price, but found out that it would have been treated as a new plan (even though I was using an upgrade). Not a big deal to buy from VZW but it was news to me.

9. rushmore

rushmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Netflix or Zumocast can EASILY eat that up in a day. Getting kind of old some users trying to use their own usage habits as defacto standard for everyone..... Seems like something VZW corporate management would post ;)

10. davishusband

davishusband Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Your right, i use Netflix, Zumocast, video skype (the hacked version) and pandora etc. I rarely use wifi. In my original post I should have mentioned that I already knew I would be grandfathered in, but I have friends that are new to Verizon and got the unlimited plan. Verizon is a business and wants customers. I must have upset some of the 2 gigabyte customers by calling them suckers. I would argue with them but I have data to burn! :D

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!

11. javipoo

javipoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I easily stream around 5-8 gig of music in a month, without trying to.
    It be interesting to hear someone who has actually argued with Verizon to get unlimited.

12. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I upgraded from the OG Droid to the Droid 3 less than 3 weeks ago. I purchased my Droid 3 online and my unlimited data plan was grandfathered in. I have had the unlimited data plan since the Treo came out many years ago.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.