Done with xScope

mitchb2

Reaction score
It's the only app that makes me want to physically destroy my Droid, and that's bad.

Not even worth going into detail here, but I will advise people not to buy it.

I wonder if the constant daily updates have just introduced compounded errors?

Don't know...don't care.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well that's enlightening... don't go into any detail just say it sucks... great thread... Guess the THOUSANDS of other users that are using it and have rated it so high are just wrong? Thank god you came on here and started this thread to set us all straight...

Here's a suggestion: if you have a legitimate complaint or problem try reporting it to the developer(s) so it can be address and fixed. He is quite active here on the forums and is VERY responsive to bug reports (thus the reason behind the constant updates).

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the only app that makes me want to physically destroy my Droid, and that's bad.

Not even worth going into detail here, but I will advise people not to buy it.

I wonder if the constant daily updates have just introduced compounded errors?

Don't know...don't care.
Mitch,

I agree with KZIWarrior, you need to specify reasons before you make a post like this. I have tried xScope but it's not for me. In fact I can't think of any program that made me want to physically destroy my Droid, my family, my Jeep, or any other possession of mine.

The developer is very active here and I know supports the product. Let's hear what has you so upset about xScope.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Too many sites that won't load, searches that go nowhere, white blank screens for no reason.

xScope is the only app that makes me so frustrated that I can't even figure out my next move.
When I touch a link, it will for some reason fly to the bottom of the webpage. I don't know why. This happens again and again.

When I touch a link, it will highlight a link an inch away and choose that instead.
This isn't like a PC where the cache is on HD. It takes a long time to back up from a mistake and try again.

If I browse to Droidforums.net, I can't search. No matter what I type, I get nothing.
If I choose the full site, I get a blank white screen.

I get 404 errors on sites that I can easily access from my PC.

I get many, many sites on which the yellow bar just hangs. I have to either abort or refresh many times to get it to work.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because I don't have a magic Droid. The errors that occur on mine will occur on others.
Too many sites that won't load, searches that go nowhere, white blank screens for no reason.

You may not have a 'magic Droid' but you may very well have a poorly-functioning one. Though there are occasions, normally initially after an update where a page won't load I and several of my Droid using friends (most of which are running stock) have been using xScope as our DEFAULT browser(s) for a long time with hardly any problems. On the few occasions when a problem does occur it is normally addressed ASAP. I would suggest looking deeper into your phone because it sounds like there is something else causing your problems (program conflicts, hardware problems or even bad ROM flash if your rooted).

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with the OP. xscope lite was much better about 2 months ago:
1)click links and nothing happens
2)rendering problems like no quick reply on these forums
3)slow-loading pages with multiple tabs
4)choppy scrolling
5)xscope opens default browser for some link clicks

I've mentioned these things in another forum and the developer should be aware of these things. I don't see how he CAN'T know because these problems are glaring.

For me, now that I've learned dolphin's quirks, dolphin is the best. This could change in one update...

Last edited:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting I haven't had any of these problems. I do admit I've come across some annoyances but I immediately report them in the xscope thread. Gary is very vocal there and tries to help out as much as he can. Definitely contact him. As for me it's still my main browser. The way it handles new windowa via long presses and downloading in the background makes it indispensable for my browsing habits.

Skyfire and dolphin hd are both awesome as well, I use xscope and skyfire interchangeably.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

authority11

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting I haven't had any of these problems. I do admit I've come across some annoyances but I immediately report them in the xscope thread. Gary is very vocal there and tries to help out as much as he can. Definitely contact him. As for me it's still my main browser. The way it handles new windowa via long presses and downloading in the background makes it indispensable for my browsing habits.

Skyfire and dolphin hd are both awesome as well, I use xscope and skyfire interchangeably.

Where's the xScope thread?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm interesting I haven't had any of these problems. I do admit I've come across some annoyances but I immediately report them in the xscope thread.

It's in the supporting vendor sub forum under xscope. It's the thread with the most replies in it. I'd link to it but I don't think you can do that in tapatalk yet :(

authority11

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting I haven't had any of these problems. I do admit I've come across some annoyances but I immediately report them in the xscope thread.
It's in the supporting vendor sub forum under xscope. It's the thread with the most replies in it. I'd link to it but I don't think you can do that in tapatalk yet :(

Sweet thanks. Hilarious thing about your post was that I was actually *just* debating installing tapatalk. Now that you told me you can't link in forums with it--screw that!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's in the supporting vendor sub forum under xscope. It's the thread with the most replies in it. I'd link to it but I don't think you can do that in

Sweet thanks. Hilarious thing about your post was that I was actually *just* debating installing tapatalk. Now that you told me you can't link in forums with it--screw that!
My experience with tapatalk has been quite pleasant actually. you can link but you have have to copy it from the web browser lol. I wish you could long press on a topic and select "copy link". Don't let that scare you away though. Tapatalk is really nice for causal browsing/posting. In fact lately about 97% of my replies have been through tapatalk lol!

Spartan

Reaction score
xScope has been my default browser for the past 2 months. Renders pages quicker and has been flawless for me.

papy72

Reaction score
I've had a great experience with xscope. The one issue I emailed the dev about (I couldnt get xscope to remember that it was my default browser) was solved with a work-around the same day I emailed him, and a proper fix was going into the next release.

I've seen some of the issues the OP and others have talked about (slow load times, etc.) but since I've only seen that on graphic intense sites that have no mobile site I figured it was always the content forcing the load times (and me not being on wifi).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen some of the issues the OP and others have talked about (slow load times, etc.) but since I've only seen that on graphic intense sites that have no mobile site I figured it was always the content forcing the load times (and me not being on wifi).

I can't remember ever seeing slow-downs while on wi-fi but I do occasionally get them using 3G when I'm not near a wi-fi network. That tells me it's more likely a bandwidth issue (i.e. VZW service) rather than a browser issue.