Domino's 'Zero Click' App Will Let You Order a Pizza by Just Opening It

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dominos-zero-click-app.jpg

This seems like a really bad idea for families with kids... Dominos just released their "Zero Click" app which will let you order a Pizza by simply opening it (wouldn't that mean it's a "One Click" app, then... since you have to click on the app to open it?).

The way the apps works is, once you have installed the app and then setup your account with billing and delivery details, you can activate the “Easy Order” profile to automatically order your favorite pizza just from opening the app.

The app has one safety valve for this process. It includes a 10 second timer that stops the order from going through by a simple click of the cancel button. Despite this, we can imagine instances where your kids get hold of your phone without you knowing it, and 30 mins later a pizza-person shows up at your door.

This isn't the first time we have seen this idea crop up. In a previous article we shared a similar feature for the Amazon Echo. That one seems to make a bit more sense. Still, it seems like there are multiple options to make it easier for folks to wreck their diet with a giant baked cheese pie.

Source: Google Play Store - Dominos Zero Click

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's dangerous.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is definitely going to help the obesity problem we have in America. Oh, wait, we want to REDUCE obesity.....hmmm maybe not.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no way I would install this app on my phone, and my child doesn't even use my phone. This is a terrible idea.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
and that's why I have an app that allows me to lock certain apps down with different pin numbers... so my gallery (for obvious reasons) is locked. as is my play store. it simple shows a popup that such and such app has stopped working... click ok and you're back on the homescreen... hold ok and it asks for a pin... wrong pin... back to the homescreen.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and that's why I have an app that allows me to lock certain apps down with different pin numbers... so my gallery (for obvious reasons) is locked. as is my play store. it simple shows a popup that such and such app has stopped working... click ok and you're back on the homescreen... hold ok and it asks for a pin... wrong pin... back to the homescreen.
What app? That's awesome.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, there's another one I've used called AppLock - Android Apps on Google Play which works the same way. It has over 3.2 million downloads and gets a solid 4.3 rating, versus the 48,000+ downloads for the one above - albeit also with a 4.3 rating. It is of course supported by advertisement, however there is a paid version. Also, there are perhaps dozens of other apps with similar fuctionality.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's another one I've used called AppLock - Android Apps on Google Play which works the same way. It has over 3.2 million downloads and gets a solid 4.3 rating, versus the 48,000+ downloads for the one above - albeit also with a 4.3 rating. It is of course supported by advertisement, however there is a paid version. Also, there are perhaps dozens of other apps with similar fuctionality.
yup had this one not been free I wouldn't have got it.

That's the beauty of android, there is always an option.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'm still waiting for Domino's to make an emergency induction port add-on for smart phones that lets me download pizza directly over WiFi and have it drip into my veins.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Now THAT I would buy Vepaot!

Also agree...lame app. Does anyone even LIKE Domino's??