Dolphin vs. Droid Browser

leroi09

Reaction score
Enough said, vote for which you would use if you had to use one or the other.

schellbl

Reaction score
I like the droid browers with tap and pinch zoom. My only complaint is that I haven't figured out how to make the browers be in "desktop" mode all the time.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Browser

xScope

Since dolphin 2 is the droid browser with a new interface, I could not.vote either way

GoGators

Reaction score
Weird Dolphin home page. -1
Native browser with pinch and zoom +1
Winner - Native Droid browser

Royal2000H

Reaction score
xScope. One of the few apps I purchased.
There's a free version too though

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea why not add more options to the poll? xscope and that new firefox one maybe?

bomber889

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out Tunny, the new dolphin browser for the droid? It's faster and IMO better than dolphin so far.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Have never used the stock browser. Even with pinch-zoom added it is not that good. used Dolphin until a few days ago when I tried the latest version of xScope. Use that exclusively now.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I used Dolphin for a while but for me, tabs don't seem that efficient on a small phone screen. Other than that all it had going for it was the pinch zoom (which I don't really care for) and the gestures (which I used very little in the first place). I liked the stock browser even before the update so it's clearly personal preference. I'm waiting to see what Mozilla fires out since I've been using Firefox for a dogs age.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread I decided to give the droid browser a shot. However, and I don't mean to turn this in to a help thread, why is it when a paste in fav urls from Dolphin (MSN inbox, Facebook, etc) in to the url box, it goes over to Dolphin to open the page up?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like the Dolphin Browser only because I am so used to it and like all its options. (i dont use the regular droid browser much so i dont know its features) I mean yes it has tabs but you can set it up so if you double-tap the tabs hid, then do the same to show them again. I like the gestures too. Plus you can long click on a video or a link and open in new tab, downlaod, share, etc...

thread

Reaction score
Has anyone checked out Tunny, the new dolphin browser for the droid? It's faster and IMO better than dolphin so far.

I just tried Tunny, but uninstalled it within 30 seconds once it crashed before I barely did anything. I quit using Dolphin a couple weeks ago because it would crash.

The stock browser seems to be crashing on me occasionally, too.

I _just_ started using xscope, and am hoping it will be the most stable. Good so far...

Has xscope crashed on anyone recently?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Reading this thread I decided to give the droid browser a shot. However, and I don't mean to turn this in to a help thread, why is it when a paste in fav urls from Dolphin (MSN inbox, Facebook, etc) in to the url box, it goes over to Dolphin to open the page up?

You must have Dolphin set as your default browser. Go to Settings -> Manage Applications -> Dolphin -> Clear Defaults (or something like that).