dolphin update

Cowpoke

Reaction score
looks like they overhauled dolphin a bit. not sure i like the changes to the ui. don't see a fast way to refresh or go to bookmarks unless you use gestures and they dont seem to be working as well as before. Scroling does seem improved though. a bit smoother it seems.

edit.... ok bookmarks are accessible by the home button in the menu. still don't see a quick refresh option.

Last edited:

bL33d

Reaction score
I never liked dolphin before just used stock browser but dezamn the new dolphin is nice seems scrolling is a little faster and u can view ur open pages like iPhone and pick which one you want to go to.

Also I signed in to Google and now it syncs my favorites to my Gmail acc. Dolphin is my default browser now.

offcamberjk

Reaction score
To get to your bookmarks quickly you can close the tab at the top or click the button for a new tab.

OP
C

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah but i dont like adding a tab every time i want to go to a new page though. The home button in the menu takes you to bookmarks though so that work for me.

I do like the forward and back buttons now and glad to hear it will sync to google bookmarks now, gonna have to try that. Gestures still seems wonkier than it was pre 2.0

Now they just need a better way of displaying and sorting bookmarks ;)

Sodner

Reaction score
Just got it. Seems faster and the pinch zoom is better but I'm not liking the menu changes so far.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got it after seeing this thread, much improved. As for the gesture thing when going to the start page, you can adjust this thru settings.

But in another thread the dev answered a member saying they did nto consider being able to organize your bookmarks as a priority and never will.

So while nice, as soon as Fennec (Firefox mobile) is released ... hope it isn't a memory hog. :)

Update: in the 5 mins playing with it, I think it is just us getting used to the new revamped UI that will drag. It seems to work nice and will last me until fennec.

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score
It definitely seems faster and runs smoother. The jury is still out on the UI though. I don't use gestures for fear I forget what gesture does what (yea I know...!) I'll have to play with it a bit to give a final opinion...

stuhasdroid

Reaction score
Gestures

I have gotten quite accustomed to using gestures with Dolphin. I read a note in the market about the gesture button being removed.

Is it simply removed by default and within settings can be defined to be present or have gestures been implemented in a different way ?

I'm cautious to install this upgrade until I see how this thread develops.

52brandon

Reaction score
I have gotten quite accustomed to using gestures with Dolphin. I read a note in the market about the gesture button being removed.

Is it simply removed by default and within settings can be defined to be present or have gestures been implemented in a different way ?

I'm cautious to install this upgrade until I see how this thread develops.

I believe there was a way to put the button back on the screen in settings. Otherwise just press the menu key and its right there...