Dolphin is not bad...but...

M

Matth3w

Could accessing the bookmarks be any less intuitive? Good lord, there should just be a button for favorites. That's one thing I love about the standard browser. Very simple. Unfortunately it sucks to type on forums on the ported Milestone browser.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
you try the new updated version? pretty nice, but I hate that it leaves a bookmark sync program always open after you close the browser. blah.

loop4zil

Reaction score
I had some trouble with Dolphin....and I never had the time to figure out/learn the gestures. What I did LOVE was the text-reformat thing it did to fit the screen. Now that my Standard browser has multi-touch...I pretty much use that. Hoping when FireFox will have the capability to mobilize the text.

OP
M

Matth3w

I have the latest. I just don't think accessing the bookmarks is great. There are a lot of bloated features on Dolphin. Give me a standard browser with the ability to quickly access the following things via menu (not swiping the top or going through at least two sub menus): bookmarks, stop, refresh, home.

The stock browser is the best in my opinion, but the imported milestone browser that you get when you use a ROM sucks ass for typing on forums. xScope looks like complete **** to me. And this one is full of bloat. I don't need it to remember my frequently visited pages, or any of the other crap it has running at all times.

LrdElderon

Reaction score
I have the latest. I just don't think accessing the bookmarks is great. There are a lot of bloated features on Dolphin. Give me a standard browser with the ability to quickly access the following things via menu (not swiping the top or going through at least two sub menus): bookmarks, stop, refresh, home.

The stock browser is the best in my opinion, but the imported milestone browser that you get when you use a ROM sucks ass for typing on forums. xScope looks like complete **** to me. And this one is full of bloat. I don't need it to remember my frequently visited pages, or any of the other crap it has running at all times.

yeah we don't reallly have a perfect web browser yet. stock doesn't do tabs (i like those) dolphin has some bloat but nice tabs and it downloads files pretty nice, especially from rapidshare , megauploads. xscope is pretty slim has issues with downloads (instant finishes with a 1k file *frown*) but isn't bad. ui seems amateurish but it grows on you and I heard something about an artist working on a new one.

firefox fennec seems possibly promising, but it's several months away yet at best I think. I read a firefox dev blog post somewhere and I guess they are trying to actually make like a full native port of firefox to android, but firefox wasn't made to run ontop of java so they are kinda of going from bits and pieces. I'm guessing mostly stable user available builds late this year early next year possibly.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah typing with a regular keyboard sucks a$$ on the Milestone browser....but its by far my personal favorite because the lack of lagging while browsing...its smooth as butter!

But I use Swype to bypass the typing issue on the Milestone browser...doesn't lag at all with it

OP
M

Matth3w

Aggravated that I bought this Dolphin full of bloat.

Omega384

Reaction score
I never minded the dolphin interface, but I had too many instances where I would be scrolling and it would zoom in randomly.. then not allow me to zoom back out and became too frustrating, so im back to stock now. Although I do miss the tabs of dolphin

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow.....I just downloaded the free Dolphin 2.5 to see if it had improved any since the last time I used it.....

And it won't even open! As soon as I launch it, it force closes?? :mad:

OP
M

Matth3w

I don't have that version (I use the paid) but never had that problem.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
For a while you didnt have a dedicated bookmark button, but you did have arefresh button, then they took away the refresh button and gave us a bookmark button, and now the refresh is back but no bookmark.

You can hit the new tab button and that will bring it up, but i dont always want a new tab.

fwd, bck, stop, refresh and bookmark buttons need to be somewhat easy to get to. Gestures are fine but not always reliable.