Dolphin Default Bug?

TekHawk

Reaction score
anyone else having a issue making Dolphin your default browser im about to try a uninstall reinstall to get it to work or maybe im missing something that check box and the prompt when you first open it seem to be broken

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
yup only reason i was using dolp again was because of the update which is really nice nice enough that i want to set it as my default for this first time in over a month lol

im guessing its a bug from not removing the old version which was a few versions out of date when i installed it going to try removing and reinstalling it now

52brandon

Reaction score
Are you using home++ with dolphin? Just hold the browser button and you should be able to select it as default. I had to do it after the update...

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
Are you using home++ with dolphin? Just hold the browser button and you should be able to select it as default. I had to do it after the update...

just tried that two i have already changed everything in home++ to dolp before hand though

its not the powerbar that isnt running it thats fine the bookmarks are not working though but thats not even a big deal

the main thing is the website shortcuts on my home screen such as the touch.facebook.com one and other sites are still loading in browser these are short cuts i made from the dolp bookmarks settings >< lol

and the check box in the dolp settings wont stay checked

52brandon

Reaction score
Go to preferences - power bar -button preferences - and click use dolphin under the bookmark setting

OP
TekHawk

TekHawk

Reaction score
There was a Dolphin update today, did you D/L it?

have you tried making a home screen short cut to a website and opening it? thats where im having issues atm i want to link to touch.facebook.com "much more useful then the app" on my main screen

samiusmc

Reaction score
I had the same problem trying to Dolphin as the default browser. After lots of frustration, I rebooted the Droid and that resolved the I issue. Give that a try.

bL33d

Reaction score
Go to manage applications then hit filter show all find stock browser and clear defaults.

TBV

Reaction score
How do I set my preferred home page?

On the previous Dolphin version I was able to set my homepage to one of my choice...on this newest version I downloaded the other day, the initial boot up page that appears is always the 'Dolphin Browser' screen with the Google Search bar...I tap on the menu, but it does not display any option to set my home screen?

Am I being daft here or did they change this to where you must always go to the bookmarks to choose where you are navigating to 1st?