Dolphin Browser

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by erict, Nov 21, 2010.

1. erict

erict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I loaded Dolphin Browser and I really like it alot. My question is, I see under settings there is a box to check if I want it to be my default browser and it's not checked by default. Do I need to check this?? Not sure why it isn't by default.

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If you want it to be your default browser check the box, if you don't want it to be your default browser don't check the box.

3. Mirodd

Mirodd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you've answered your own question, but it becomes your default browser only if you check the option.

4. erict

erict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newbie at this so I need to understand this default browser. Even though I have the stock browser and dolphin on the phone, my stock browser is still the default browser since I have not checked the default box in dolphin settings? So this means when I open a link or anything else that needs the browser it will default to my stock browser as it stands now?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

5. erict

erict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After testing I understand how it works. I set it as my default browser and when I clicked a link I did not get the pop up box asking which browser to launch.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

6. Mirodd

Mirodd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You got it or, as you implied, the stock browser is the default browser because it's the one that comes with the phone. Until you assign another browser as the default, it will remain the default browser. What does that mean? Whenever you open a link whichever browser you have set as default will open the link. Once you set a browser as your default it will handle all internet/web functions.