dolphin browser

topaz330

Reaction score
i keep getting the mobile version of some webpages? anyone getting this?

rican408

Reaction score
Im still not sold on this browser... something seems off..... i can deal with issues as i loved opera on my storm. But dolphin still isnt there yet. People keep saying the default browser aint broke dont fix it.... true. But when a 3rd party browser does EVERYTHING better. Its time to move on....

Randomocity

Reaction score
Personally as nice as pinch to zoom is, the fact that it can't double tap to zoom as well is a dealbreaker for me. Plus the browser just feels very unintuitive, even though it has quite a nice feature list. Maybe after a few revisions ill pick it up again.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go in settings and change it you "allow use of device location to" yes

I'm sure its just me, but couldn't find Allow use of device location. Is there a way to be more specific about where it is?

Love this browser - getting ready to make it my default.

I didn't know about this either (thanks Daywalker), but it's not in the Menu area. Press "Settings" on the Home Page of Google. Scroll to the bottom. The default is "Off."

erasmussen14

Reaction score

Yeah, ditto.

I emailed the developer and got no response.

The old version of dolphin allowed access to desktop versions of webpages. I regret upgrading and deleting my old dolphin browser. Still haven't figured out how to fix this issue, which sucks because its the whole reason I downloaded dolphin to begin with...

Anyone else find a setting to fix this? I've toyed around a bit and found no solution.

E

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah, ditto.

The old version of dolphin allowed access to desktop versions of webpages. I regret upgrading and deleting my old dolphin browser. Still haven't figured out how to fix this issue, which sucks because its the whole reason I downloaded dolphin to begin with...

Anyone else find a setting to fix this? I've toyed around a bit and found no solution.

E

i'm using the "New" dolphin, and it's the same setting: change user agent to desktop.

erasmussen14

Reaction score

Yeah, ditto.

E

i'm using the "New" dolphin, and it's the same setting: change user agent to desktop.

Perfect! Thank you.

E

SGTiger

Reaction score
Arrgghh, My pinch and zoom no longer works in the Dolphin browser since I updated. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it doesn't work. Also rebooted. Any ideas anyone?

authority11

Reaction score
Go in settings and change it you "allow use of device location to" yes

I'm sure its just me, but couldn't find Allow use of device location. Is there a way to be more specific about where it is?

Love this browser - getting ready to make it my default.

I didn't know about this either (thanks Daywalker), but it's not in the Menu area. Press "Settings" on the Home Page of Google. Scroll to the bottom. The default is "Off."

This still doesn't work for me. Using the native browser gives me my correct location, but under Dolphin it does not. I checked to make sure the settings on the google page is turned to "On". Still doesn't work. I also click the link in google that says "use current location", but nothing happens. Keeps saying "location unavailable".

This is really frustrating because I like the dolphin browser a lot too.

Last edited: