dolphin browser problems

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've used dolphin browser with jet pack for a while. First on my bionic, then on my note 2. It was great until the last couple of weeks. It's been force closing a lot. Anyone else having these issues? I've emailed the dev twice now with no reply. Any other great browser recommendations?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Try going to settings - apps, find Dolphin and clear its data.

This may remove bookmarks or anything else saved in there, but it may fix the issue. Was there a recent update or something when you noticed this started to happen?

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Not that I recall. I emailed the dev a couple of times but haven't heard back. I'm using opera mini now but really don't care for it. Another thing I would mention. The first thing that happened with dolphin was one day, my battery which normally goes 17-20 hours, drained to 10,% in about 2hours. When I checked the battery is showed dolphin color scheme as the first offense, Dolphin jet pack was 2nd. So I uninstalled both of those and my battery issue went away. But now dolphin browser is just freezing, and closing on its own.

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
I'm actually back to stock browser. It's just as fast if not faster than dolphin, chrome, and opera. I think I'll just stay put.

MacLeod

Reaction score
I use Opera Mobile. I think it's the best mobile browser by far. Leave the tool bar on the bottom and it's so quick and easy to go forward or back or access your bookmarks or whatever. I also like how if you touch some point and there are 2 links there, it'll zoom in so you can pick the right one and not fat finger it.

Chrome is excellent too much of it displays forums weird. The text in one post will be very small while the text in the next post will be big. Drives me crazy so I stick with Opera.

Firefox is worthless and riddled with bugs. Didn't work worth a crap on my Thunderbolt and doesn't work worth a crap on my beloved Note 2.