Doid 2 won't power on

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by NarcolepticNinja, Oct 10, 2010.

1. NarcolepticNinja

NarcolepticNinja New Member

I can't get my droid 2 to power on. For a while this morning it the backlight of the screen was on, but I can't get that to come on anymore either. I tried to flash a .sbf to it, but RSD can't find the device. I've had it rooted correctly for a while, I think I was downloading some apps last night, but I don't think that either of those did it.

I was able to restore it by flashing a .sbf. This is the tutorial I followed http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770224&page=5.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Moved to rescue squad for better assistance.
  3. Smokie

Smokie New Member

is the phone's battery totally dead? If so, the phone won't power on. You can't even plug it into your computer and expect it to charge, it just won't happen. Have you tried plugging it into the wall charger for a while?
  4. NarcolepticNinja

It won't charge on my computer? Ok, I don't think it's a battery problem I it was at 50% when I shut it off last night. But it's worth a try.
  5. NarcolepticNinja

I charged it. When I turned it on the M showed up, but then the screen went black and it's unresponsive.

I managed to get into recovery mode. I have the update.zip file installed on my sdcard, but when I tell it to apply the file. I gives back an error saying the signature verification failed. Does anybody have any ideas?
Search tags for this page
cant get droid 2 to come on
cant power on droid

droid 2 no power

droid x2 won't power on
i cant get my droid to power on

my droid mass won't power on

my droid wont power on
note 2 cant power on
verizon incredible 2 no power
won't power on