Doesn't the qhd screen scare anyone?

Reaction score
The D3 Screen on The Top DX2 Bottom!!

milestone3.jpg
X2-2143_575px.jpg

Which One Do you Like the Best? The DX2 looks Great to Me.. I really believe that the Bionic Screen will be Great!!! I am still looking for a Better picture of the D3 screen..

Does anyone look at there phone THAT closely?

me.... = )
brandsonsale-store_2161_108467134.jpg

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The D3 Screen on The Top DX2 Bottom!!

milestone3.jpg
X2-2143_575px.jpg

Which One Do you Like the Best? The DX2 looks Great to Me.. I really believe that the Bionic Screen will be Great!!! I am still looking for a Better picture of the D3 screen..

Does anyone look at there phone THAT closely?

me.... = )
brandsonsale-store_2161_108467134.jpg

Thats funny I was going to post this one for those that look very close at the Battery Icon. Now I see why it bothers some people...
Portrait-goofy-young-boy-wearing.jpg

Jerrod6

Reaction score
YES I look at the phone closley. Thing is that if displays from other brands are more responsive and without lag, and have been judged crisp then anything new from Moto should equal or exceed them,not be cause for concern

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
YES I look at the phone closley. Thing is that if displays from other brands are more responsive and without lag, and have been judged crisp then anything new from Moto should equal or exceed them,not be cause for concern

Thats a tough argument to make considering ive seen hardware such as the charge with their super amoled screen that sucks the battery, iphones retina display has a weaker color gamut, but better looking overall. The qhd pentile I think is more than acceptable by means of viewing. A bonus to the pentile as does the retina display is lower power consumption.

So you see there are pros and cons to each display. If youre all for eye candy fine, enjoy it while tethered to an outlet charging. If you like a good looking display with better battery life... go the other route... See what category you fall into within those guidelines and purchase a handset accordingly.

alienware777

Reaction score
I'm on my phone with horrible coverage atm so I can't look this up. What screen does the D1 have? And is the bionics screen better/worse than it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

allan1313

Reaction score
Supposedly the retina display doesn't really show the "hatching" on the red colors. So for those of you that keep pointing to the battery icon, just change it to red and you should be good. Problem solved

Reaction score
I'm on my phone with horrible coverage atm so I can't look this up. What screen does the D1 have? And is the bionics screen better/worse than it?

It has a tft display @ 800x4?? The resolution of the bionic is higher, but the arguement that people are making about the pentile is pixelation and under saturation of colors. The upside regardless of what the antipentiles are whining about, its still a higher res screen that consumes less power

zwegan

Reaction score

It has a tft display @ 800x4?? The resolution of the bionic is higher, but the arguement that people are making about the pentile is pixelation and under saturation of colors. The upside regardless of what the antipentiles are whining about, its still a higher res screen that consumes less power

It's nice to see that the defense has changed from comparing it to a 2 year old phone's display to now being about how the sub-par display is good because it saves battery life.

I think that the Bionic will end up having a much higher quality screen because it will be a flagship phone.

The X2 seems to be in a weird spot in the lineup. It's too expensive for not being 4G.

It would have made more sense to have this phone at a pricepoint $100 less than the charge/thunderbolt.

Reaction score

It's nice to see that the defense has changed from comparing it to a 2 year old phone's display to now being about how the sub-par display is good because it saves battery life.

I think that the Bionic will end up having a much higher quality screen because it will be a flagship phone.

A question was asked so i answered it... the posters asking to compare the d1 is a valid question because alot of people are switching from the d1 to the bionic, and the fact people have stated they liked their d1s display over the x2.

And im not comparing a sub par display for battery life... even in depths of you pentile haters worse fears itd still be a great looking screen with even lower power consumption then its competitors.

I hope they come out with a better screen just to shut up the visual elitists, but since this is all moto seems to be using recently i dont see why they wont stick to it with or without marginal improvements

wseyller

Reaction score

A question was asked so i answered it... the posters asking to compare the d1 is a valid question because alot of people are switching from the d1 to the bionic, and the fact people have stated they liked their d1s display over the x2.

And im not comparing a sub par display for battery life... even in depths of you pentile haters worse fears itd still be a great looking screen with even lower power consumption then its competitors.

I hope they come out with a better screen just to shut up the visual elitists, but since this is all moto seems to be using recently i dont see why they wont stick to it with or without marginal improvements

My D1 screens does look alot better than the X2. Now if I had used a phone with a crappy display for two years I may have not noticed the pixelation of the X2

das2042

Reaction score
I tell you what, I'm coming from a d1 and love the screen. Now mind you all I don't watch HD 3d movies on nor will I ever on my phone. That's what my over priced expensive TV is for. If pentile means I can see that bad boy in direct sunlight than I'm on board because that is where the d1 lacks horribly! Remember folks it is still a phone. If dual core lte bad ass phone has a couple pixels in the battery icon sign me up as my next hand cuff for two years!

Vito.a

Reaction score
I tell you what, I'm coming from a d1 and love the screen. Now mind you all I don't watch HD 3d movies on nor will I ever on my phone. That's what my over priced expensive TV is for. If pentile means I can see that bad boy in direct sunlight than I'm on board because that is where the d1 lacks horribly! Remember folks it is still a phone. If dual core lte bad ass phone has a couple pixels in the battery icon sign me up as my next hand cuff for two years!

I agree. That is what the HDMI is for. Connect it to a good display to watch HD movies, but I need to see my phone display in the sun light.

nateohio

Reaction score
This argument is the equivalent of the pc gamers wanting games to play at 150-200 fps even though its been proven that the human eye can't really notice the difference in anything over 60 fps.

The X2's screen results in a higher resolution, better battery life and increased functionality when using it outdoors. All for the minor cost of a little pixelation.

That suits me because its a phone first and foremost, and one of my main requirements in a phone is to be able to actually use it outside without straining to see the display.

Sent from my DROID X2