Doesn't the qhd screen scare anyone?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
It's time to unsubscribe from a thread when people can say it looks horrible despite pics, reviews and vids in the thread showing otherwise.

Yep.
You look at the comparison pictures, and the Pentile screen looks better.
I guess people have to complain about something...

zwegan

Reaction score
It's time to unsubscribe from a thread when people can say it looks horrible despite pics, reviews and vids in the thread showing otherwise.

Yes, because techies drooling over "specs" is more important than what actual human eyes see.

I don't care if it has a higher resolution, the display looks freaking awful.

If you hold the X2 up against either a charge or a thunderbolt and you ask 100 random people which one looks better 98 are going to pick the bolt/charge and the 2 people that pick the X2 are going to be technodweebs who believe a stat sheet more than their own eyes.

Also, for the record, my wife could care less about the stats of the phone. she was perfectly happy with her OG Droid.

In her words the X2 was "like looking at the phone through a screen door" The pixelation is very distracting.

Additionally all the pictures/videos/etc in the thread seem to be comparing the X2 to the X1. The real question isn't how it compares to a phone from the previous generation but how it compares to the current generation, and in that place it doesn't stack up.

AGAIN, it will be a shame if the bionic uses the same screen because I plan to ditch my bolt for it as long as the screen isn't the same as the X2

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just remember folks....its all a matter of preference.

Pentile didnt hurt the Galaxy S 1 line or the Incredible last year, ppl werent returning them in droves cuz of Pentile. Some ppl were actually mad when the Incredible screens got switched to LCD. Some ppl actually wanted that Pentile Amoled screen...go figure right?

Its all a matter of preference.

zwegan, thats a good challenge. Find 100 ppl and see what they say. Let us know how that turned out. The Charge has an Amoled screen with 'vibrant' colors that might sway ppl to pick that. So scratch that. Dont know whats on the Thunderbolt. That might be a better test. Thats why its comparing it to the DX1.

Its all a matter of preference.

If it looks horrible, it looks horrible to you and your wife.....and this mystery 100 ppl you mentioned. Everybody dont feel the same as your and your wife....and that mystery 100 ppl. You cant dismiss the folks who have a DX2 and Atrix that arent 'technodweebs' as you say... Read the forums. Some ppl came from Blackberries or other phones not Android and like it. Some came from Android phones and like it. Some ppl that have the DX2 and Atrix arent 'technodweebs'.

Just because someone hates or likes a specific thing doesnt mean it applies to everyone or the majority.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Yes, because techies drooling over "specs" is more important than what actual human eyes see.

I don't care if it has a higher resolution, the display looks freaking awful.

If you hold the X2 up against either a charge or a thunderbolt and you ask 100 random people which one looks better 98 are going to pick the bolt/charge and the 2 people that pick the X2 are going to be technodweebs who believe a stat sheet more than their own eyes.

Also, for the record, my wife could care less about the stats of the phone. she was perfectly happy with her OG Droid.

In her words the X2 was "like looking at the phone through a screen door" The pixelation is very distracting.

Additionally all the pictures/videos/etc in the thread seem to be comparing the X2 to the X1. The real question isn't how it compares to a phone from the previous generation but how it compares to the current generation, and in that place it doesn't stack up.

AGAIN, it will be a shame if the bionic uses the same screen because I plan to ditch my bolt for it as long as the screen isn't the same as the X2

I think your missing the point...people are saying the X2 screen sucks. The pics show otherwise.

And what would you consider the current generation? Because the thunderbolt has a lower resolution screen then the Droid X1.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Try comparing an X2 to a Nexus S. The difference is...well, do I even have to to into it? Next phone I'll get is probably a nexus...

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Try comparing an X2 to a Nexus S. The difference is...well, do I even have to to into it? Next phone I'll get is probably a nexus...

The Droid Charge/Samsung Galaxy S2 have better screens.

Nexus S= Super Amoled
Droid Charge/GS2= Super Amoled+
But I too would rather a Nexus phone.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

YEAH!!!!!!!!NEXUS PRIME BABY.Ill eat some turkey and dressin and 4 desert a icecream sandwich.:icon_ banana:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Nexus S= Super Amoled

The colors on the Charge screen is to cartoony and over saturated in my opinion. Take a picture of a yellow flower you picture on the phone was more yellow then the actual flower.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Nexus S= Super Amoled

The colors on the Charge screen is to cartoony and over saturated in my opinion. Take a picture of a yellow flower you picture on the phone was more yellow then the actual flower.

Yea, but it looks better. Thats mostly what matters, even if its over saturated.

OP
K

kookk

Reaction score
Sure the pentile looks better from a distance, but get it up close it looks sooo bad. I can say this from owning an x2. Go to droidx forums and tona of people are complaining about hoe pixelated the screen is.

Go to a verizon store and look at an x2. Better yet, equip it with light grid and feel your eyes bleed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

el-cid

Reaction score
Yet again, a dogpile of people deciding what a piece of sh!t this phone is before it's even released. Hey, at least it's a free market society and everyone buying another phone can go to that appropriate forum...

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Well, I went in and compared lol, since for some reason there was a sprint store literally 30 feet from a verizon store. I decided I liked the Nexus S's screen more after a bit of back'n forth, the colors jumped a little more and it felt somewhat like my D1 again with its open bootloader and such. Loved how the S's screen was curved. Another note, I actually updated the vzw store's DX floor model to 2.3.3, it was still on 2.2 for some reason :laugh:

Reaction score
Its my understanding that they reflash all of the android phones everyday because people keep on loading them down with crap...like updating to 2.3.3 ;)

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums