Doesn't the qhd screen scare anyone?

rushmore

Reaction score
My D3 qHD screen or the infamous pentile screen to me is beautiful. I don't know about the DX2, besides whoever upgraded from DX to DX2 downgraded IMO, it still runs Froyo! But the screen on my d3 is better than my dx. That's my comment.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ditto. I liked the DX2 due to the sharpness and great view outside as well. The D3 looks good to me. Still, folks have the right to their own opinions. Just gets annoying when some assert their views as an absolute standard for reference.

rushmore

Reaction score
This is what you guys that don't like the Pentile screen should do?
Go to Off Topic Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
And talk about it all you want!!! We do not even know if the screen on the Pentile or not. So what you are talking about should not be under the Bionic Thread until the true specs are released..

Thank You and Have a great Day!!!

If those new close-up pics are real, I would guess the display is pentile. Also factor in the design saves battery life compared to standard LCD and the Bionic is sporting a 4.5" display, dual core and LTE, seems any battery help will be needed.

Not to mention their cost for volume for panel yields will be much better sticking with the tech, rather than use another for the Bionic.

BTW, I have no issue with pentile displays. I had the DX2 and would have kept it, were it not for some firmware issues. Probably getting the D3 now, due to the amazing keyboard.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My D3 qHD screen or the infamous pentile screen to me is beautiful. I don't know about the DX2, besides whoever upgraded from DX to DX2 downgraded IMO, it still runs Froyo! But the screen on my d3 is better than my dx. That's my comment.

Ditto. I liked the DX2 due to the sharpness and great view outside as well. The D3 looks good to me. Still, folks have the right to their own opinions. Just gets annoying when some assert their views as an absolute standard for reference.

This folks right here is the heart of the problem. And it happens on different subjects, not just Pentile.

I dont like Pentile screens. Its one reason I was happy I chose the DX1 and wasnt too concerned about the Fascinate. At the same time last year I said if all screens went Pentile or if a phone I REALLY want has it, I would re think my stance on Pentile. I still wanted to try out the Fascinate, Pentile n all. I almost got a Family plan when the Fascinate came out just so I could have it and my DX1...lol

I'm not beating ppl over the head as to why I dont like Pentile. Even in some LCD vs. Amoled debates last year I never mentioned it as my whole argument. I gave props to Amoled screens for their pros, and lets folks know what I felt were cons....in LCD vs. Amoled debates. Not every chance I got. Thats one of the problems that went on at HoFo that got the first Bionic thread closed.

Whether you like Pentile or hate it, whether you can see it easy or cant see it at all....Its all a matter of preference. Once I really understood that last year, I've stayed out of LCD vs. Amoled debates almost entirely.

Last edited:

rushmore

Reaction score

This folks right here is the heart of the problem. And it happens on different subjects, not just Pentile.

I dont like Pentile screens. Its one reason I was happy I chose the DX1 and wasnt too concerned about the Fascinate. At the same time last year I said if all screens went Pentile or if a phone I REALLY want has it, I would re think my stance on Pentile. I still wanted to try out the Fascinate, Pentile n all. I almost got a Family plan when the Fascinate came out just so I could have it and my DX1...lol

I'm not beating ppl over the head as to why I dont like Pentile. Even in some LCD vs. Amoled debates last year I never mentioned it as my whole argument. I gave props to Amoled screens for their pros, and lets folks know what I felt were cons....in LCD vs. Amoled debates. Not every chance I got. Thats one of the problems that went on at HoFo that got the first Bionic thread closed.

Agreed. The total package seems to be the best way to decide. The D3 is a good example (IMO) of this. Great device, in spite of pentile.

That all said and based on cost logic and leaked pictures, it seems people may REALLY hate the Bionic, if pentile tech is their litmus for hate. 4.5" of it. :icon_eek:

kman79

Reaction score
Checked out the D3 today at the Verizon Store. I'm chalking it up to the smaller screen size, but the screen on the D3 is definitely less grainy than the DX2. It looked quite good.

Verizon should really consider putting the DX2 and D3 on the opposite side of the counter and not next to the Droid Charge. The Charge's color looked over saturated, but just like how Flat Panels at best buy are set to maximum contrast, it is what makes people say "ooohhh"

Eagerly waiting on the Bionic, wondering if anything has changed on it since its last revision.